Full Professor in Power Electronics
The University of Twente (UT) invites highly motivated and hardworking senior researchers with an excellent track record to apply for the position of full …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 6405 - € 10106 per maand
The University of Twente (UT) invites highly motivated and hardworking senior researchers with an excellent track record to apply for the position of full professor in Power Electronics (PE) within the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science.
We offer a challenging position in a stimulating, enthusiastic, diverse, and international academic environment. You will have a high degree of independence and responsibility, while collaboration, both internally and externally, is strongly encouraged. Power Electronics & EMC (PE) is a young and growing research group at the University of Twente, established by combining power electronics expertise that the late Prof. Braham Ferreira brought along with the existing leading-edge EMC activities.
- Your research will focus on power electronics components, converters and systems.
- The position calls for a senior researcher with broad experience and vision to be able to lead the broad activities and expertise in the group - from basic technology (power semiconductor devices, packaging) to integration of power electronics in systems (battery-enabled systems, energy access, mobility) including EMC and measurements aspects.
- You will play a central role in teaching power electronics to students of all levels.
- You will lead the PE group within our university, consisting of 6.1 fte scientific staff members and currently close to 30 PhD students.
- The Dutch government has invested significant funds to boost science & engineering research and education in The Netherlands (Sector Plan). The UT has chosen Power Electronics as a focus point for allocating these funds.
- The PE group's research is embedded in the recently established Centre for Energy Innovation at the UT, within the research programs Advanced Battery Technology and Digitalization of Energy Systems.
Candidates we seek:
- hold a PhD degree and a research background in power electronics;
- have a strong publication record and a high standing in the field and a track record of leading scientific research;
- have a vision on future developments and a passion to teach at undergraduate and graduate levels;
- are active in academic and industrial networks for acquiring research funding, and have ambition and experience in working closely with several companies;
- possess a (equivalent of) basic qualification in teaching for Dutch universities ('UTQ'), or willingness to acquire this;
- have strong collaborative capabilities, management, administration, and communication skills;
- have passion to develop the research agenda of the PE group and to initiate, extend and maintain collaboration at departmental, national and international levels;
- is an inspiring and excellent leader who is able to successfully work in a multidisciplinary research field.
ConditionsThe terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include:
- A fulltime tenured position as Professor with a maximum salary of €10.106 gross per month, based on experience and qualifications;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis;
- Possibilities to save up holiday days for sabbatical leave;
- A solid pension scheme;
- A startup package;
- Excellent working conditions, support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
Additional informationAre you interested in this position? Send your application before December 1, via the 'Apply now' button below and include:
- A curriculum vitae (including, list of publications, research and teaching statement and three names of potential references).
- A cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature