Full Professor Sustainable Urban Energy Technologies (BDR Thermea)
In the department is an opening for a highly motivated and enthusiastic full professor in advanced and sustainable energy technologies in our future cities. …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
In the department is an opening for a highly motivated and enthusiastic full professor in advanced and sustainable energy technologies in our future cities. We are concerned with questions related to advanced applications of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, reactions and new materials. Using a combined approach of theoretical analysis, numerical calculations and experimental investigations, the department aims to develop new and advanced knowledge for applications in industry and the built environment. Priority is given to the efficient use of energy and the minimization of environmental impact of our future energy systems.
More than 30% of the energy supply in The Netherlands is consumed by the urban environment for heating, cooling and power. In the coming energy transition, this energy supply has to be made sustainable with 49% CO2-reduction in 2030 and 100% in 2050. This means that we need major breakthroughs, advanced technologies and new integrated energy systems. Integrated networks of heat, gas and electricity systems with innovative energy conversion and storage technologies are required for the energy supply in our future cities.
The research theme of your chair is to develop and integrate innovative energy conversion and storage technologies for the urban environment within the mechanical engineering context. Examples of research topics (not limited) can be found in the field of (hybrid) heat pumps, (seasonal) heat storage, sustainable gas applications (hydrogen) and heat and power technologies. Further topics are the analysis and design of sustainable urban energy systems with multi-fueled and integrated networks of electricity, heat and gas.
You will offer graduate and undergraduate students a stimulating research environment for their education in the area of sustainable energy systems and technology to perform excellent scientific research in a national and international context with industrial relevance and with application to sustainable heat and power generation in the urban environment.
You will also be involved in teaching of courses on BSc- and MSc-level (e.g. Energy Conversion Technology, Thermodynamics, Energy systems).
Are you ready to contribute to a new future of energy supply in the urban environment?
- Your research topic is within the field of sustainable energy technologies and integrated systems. You are a dedicated professional, ready and capable to create links between your own research area, the different chairs within the department and the multi-disciplinary context at the University of Twente.
- You have a passion for teaching.
- You hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and your managerial skills make a difference.
- Your communication skills in English are excellent.
Information and application
For further information you are welcome to contact:
- Prof.dr.ir. G. Brem, email email@example.com or phone +31534892561
- Dr. M. Shahi, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone + +31534892362
The application deadline is September 30th, 2019. Since only three documents can be uploaded per application, please combine documents if needed.
You will be appointed for 4 years, with the prospect of a permanent position. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
We offer you:
- A fulltime position with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8,3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- A minimum of 29 holidays in case of fulltime employment.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Professional and personal development programs.
- A family friendly institution.
- Excellent research facilities.
A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.