Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam - Den Haag
Hypatia chairs: full Professors in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science
This program is only open for excellent female scientists at the level of full Professor.You will have a leading role in initiating, coordinating and …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
This program is only open for excellent female scientists at the level of full Professor.
You will have a leading role in initiating, coordinating and executing novel scientific methods and approaches in the field of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science. In addition to world-leading research activity you will be responsible, alongside the other professors for managerial and leadership tasks in the department and the faculty. You will play an active role in the teaching and supervision of MSc and PhD students.
- Your research topic is within the field of the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science or a similar field;
- You have a strong publication record and a vision on future development of the field;
- You are expected to be a dedicated professional, ready and capable to create links between your own research area and the multi-disciplinary context at the University of Twente;
- You have the motivation and ability to ally yourself with the existing research groups connected to this
- You have a passion for teaching;
- You hold a basic qualification in teaching (BKO) for Dutch Universities, or you are willing to obtain this;
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, and your managerial skills make a difference;
- Your communication skills in English are excellent.
- To improve the representation of women in senior academic positions, the University of Twente introduced the Hypatia programme www.utwente.nl/go/fullprofessor-hypatia. This program aims at excellent female scientist at the level of full Professor. Female scientists are invited to apply for the position as such but within the frame of one of the faculty-research themes more specifically.
We offer a full-time tenured position as Full Professor, with a competitive salary and excellent benefits, set in an entrepreneurial and collaborative work environment with colleagues and students from all over the world.
- excellent research facilities and research support;
- extra's such as an 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
- a solid pension scheme;
- possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a family friendly institution, offering support for dual hiring.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our university
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science
The security, health and wellbeing on our planet are increasingly interwoven with an intricate fabric of digital and technological innovations. Sustaining and advancing this fabric calls for pioneering researchers. Men and women who combine leading-edge knowledge with strong personal skills, such as empathy, broad-mindedness and a readiness to tackle global challenges in international teams. Professionals eager and able to turn bits and bytes into solutions for society. At the University of Twente’s faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS), we are cultivating this new calibre of socially engaged technology builders.
Within the EEMCS faculty we perform disciplinary research in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science. Synergy between disciplines opens a whole new world of new scientific challenges. Our research focus is on: Sensors and Actuators, Embedded Systems, Electronic Circuits, IC technology, Software, Data Science, Cyber-Physical Systems, Human-Computer Interaction, Operations Research, Algorithm Design, Applied Analysis, Computational Science and Creative Technology. You can find more information about the research within our faculty on these webpage: https://www.utwente.nl/en/eemcs/research/
The education within our faculty is provided by the research departments. For an overview of the bachelor and master programmes, see these webpage: https://www.utwente.nl/en/eemcs/education/
High Tech Human Touch
At the UT, we believe technology and people have a leading role to play in providing solutions for complex societal challenges worldwide. Central to our vision is our High Tech Human Touch philosophy, in which we fuse social and technological sciences and focus on designing solutions for real-world problems.
Drawing on this unique cross-disciplinary approach and excellence in scientific disciplines, our scientists, teachers and students work daily on tackling these global challenges, such as improving healthcare and resilience in society, or preparing for the digital age.
We’re proud to have developed a unique project-based learning approach referred to as TEM (Twente Education Model), designed to familiarize all of our Bachelor’s students with learning while working on real-world issues.
University of diversity
At the UT, we embrace and encourage diversity along many different axes. We work hard to improve diversity, inclusion and equity within the campus community. Our constant aim is to create an inclusive community with an open and supportive environment for research, education and valorization.
Interested? Apply online with our application form below before 30th September. The first selection of candidates will take place in October.
For more information, please contact:
- Prof. dr. Joost Kok +31534898243 or email@example.com
- Prof. dr. S.A. van Gils +31534893410 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof. dr. Vanessa Evers +31534893798 or email@example.com