1 dag geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Hypatia chairs: full Professors in Science and Technology
This program is only open for excellent female scientists at the level of full Professor.The Faculty of Science and Technology provides high quality teaching …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
This program is only open for excellent female scientists at the level of full Professor.
The Faculty of Science and Technology provides high quality teaching and conducts forefront research in areas ranging from Chemical Science and Technology, Applied Physics and Nanotechnology, to Biomedical Engineering, Health Sciences and Technical Medicine. The research is organized in 11 clusters of chairs, encompassing e.g., Nano-Electronic Materials and Thin Films, Bioengineering Technologies, Soft Matter, and Medical Imaging. A full list is provided in https://www.utwente.nl/en/tnw/research. Within this setting, a full professorship position is available.
- Your research field matches with one of the clusters of the Faculty of Science and Technology.
- You have a strong publication record and a vision on future development of the field.
- You are expected to be motivated and capable to create links between your own research area and the multi-disciplinary context at the University of Twente, particularly through the universities’ MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology and/or the TechMed Centre.
- You have a passion for teaching.
- You hold a basic qualification in teaching (BKO/UTQ) for Dutch Universities, or you are willing to obtain this.
- Your communication skills in English are excellent.
- To improve the representation of women in senior academic positions, the University of Twente introduced the Hypatia programme www.utwente.nl/go/fullprofessor-hypatia. This program aims at excellent female scientist at the level of full Professor. Female scientists are invited to apply for the position as such but within the frame of one of the faculty-research themes more specifically.
- We offer a full time tenured position as Professor with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- We offer an international and collaborative work environment with excellent research facilities.
- Employment conditions;
- extra's such as an 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
- a solid pension scheme;
- possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- professional and personal development programs;
- a family friendly institution, offering support for dual hiring
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University.
University of Twente: High Tech Human Touch
Society faces many challenges on local and global scales. Technology and its interplay with people are key to providing solutions. Central to our vision is our High Tech Human Touch philosophy, in which we fuse natural sciences, health technologies, data-science, and engineering with social and behavioural science while maintaining a relentless focus on societal impact. With this cross-disciplinary approach and excellence in scientific disciplines, our scientists and students work every day on these global challenges:
• Shaping our world with smart materials
• Improving healthcare by personalized technologies
• Creating intelligent manufacturing systemsEngineering our digital society
• Engineering for a resilient world
The UT embraces and encourages diversity in many forms, and strives to create an inclusive community that fosters an open and supportive research and education environment.
Interested? apply online with our application form below before 30th of September. The first selection of candidates will take place in October.
For more information please contact
- Annet Hogeling, HR manager +31534894269 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christy Schoonheijt, Managing Director +31534891109 or email@example.com