Het lectoraat New Business & ICT is in december 2008 gestart. Het lectoraat heeft tot doel innovaties en ontwikkelingen binnen het ICT-domein te …
Industrial researcher position (2 year) for the development and scale up of a new class of polymeric hollow fiber gas separation membranes.
We invite applicants for an industrial research position to develop, scale up and test a new class of polymeric hollow fiber membranes for application in the field of gas separation. The fibers will be fabricated ...
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3111 - € 4084 per maand
We invite applicants for an industrial research position to develop, scale up and test a new class of polymeric hollow fiber membranes for application in the field of gas separation. The fibers will be fabricated a non-solvent-induced phase inversion process using spinning technology. The ultimate goal of this project is to validate the new technology in an industrial environment. Your responsibility is to develop and optimize the membrane and find the most cost-efficient fabrication method that allows production of larger quantities of defect-free hollow fiber membranes. After thoroughly characterizing and testing the performance of the developed membranes, you will scale up the technology to allow preparation of commercially sized modules that will be tested in a demo site of a potentially interested end-user. This new membrane platform will open up a wide range of applications. To achieve this, novel approaches have to be used that haven't been explored before.
Are you ready to contribute in developing a new generation of gas separation membranes?
As a researcher of the EMI Twente:
- You will focus your research on the development and scale up of a novel gas separation membrane using state of the art preparation methods;
- Your main goal is to develop new cost-efficient ways to fabricate a defect-free and optimize hollow fiber membrane;
- You are expected to lead, coordinate and perform high quality research and development projects;
- You will keep track of internal and external trends that potentially could lead to new opportunities;
- You will actively search for and efficiently collaborate with (potential) industrial partners and build up a broad network;
- You are expected to contribute to the acquisition of (external) funding for both own research and that of other colleagues/collaborations.
- You have a PhD in chemical engineering, physics or chemistry with strong background in membrane technology;
- You can show expertise and a track record in gas separation and/or membrane formation;
- You are a creative person that shows initiative with a hands-on mentality;
- You are eager to engage in international and interdisciplinary collaboration and possess excellent communication skills.
- You are fluent in English.
Are you up for the challenge contributing to changing the world with your research aiming to develop energy efficient separation technology that would significantly reduce CO2-emissions?
To apply for this position, please use the link below.
ArbeidsvoorwaardenYou will be appointed for two year within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues.
- The gross monthly salary ranges from € 3.111 to € 4.757 per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
Within the TNW Faculty (Faculty of Science & Technology) of the University of Twente some 700 staff members and 2000 students are involved in training and research on the interface of chemical technology, applied physics and biomedical technology. Fields of application include sustainable energy, process technology and materials science, nanotechnology and technical medicine. Research, which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes MESA+ and MIRA. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders.