3 dagen geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Junior Researcher for the project DEEPSLEEP
Sleep disorders such as insomnias, sleep apnea and sleep movement disorders affect nearly 50-70 million adults every year. Overnight polysomnography (PSG) is …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2588 - € 2588 per maand
Sleep disorders such as insomnias, sleep apnea and sleep movement disorders affect nearly 50-70 million adults every year. Overnight polysomnography (PSG) is the gold standard tool for diagnosing sleep disorders. Currently, sleep staging is done through visual analysis of PSG recordings by experienced sleep technicians which is a tedious task and such manual annotation is subject to both intra and inter-rater variability. The aim of this study is to develop a robust, reliable and automated sleep staging tool DEEPSLEEP using deep learning techniques which can assist sleep technicians for more reliable, cost-effective and efficient diagnosis and monitoring of sleep disorders.
The results of this project will be validated in Medisch Spectrum Twente Hospital and published in leading Sleep Journals. The work will be carried out at the Biomedical Signals and Systems group jointly with Clinical Neurophysiology Group.
We are looking for candidates that meet the following requirements:
- a master's degree in statistics, data science or computer science (preferably with a specialization in artificial intelligence and/or machine learning),
- specialization in deep learning, machine learning, data mining or related areas,
- affinity with computational statistics or machine learning and excellent programming skills,
- have machine learning/data mining software development skills in Python (Familiarity with deep learning libraries is compulsory),
- software development skills in one/more of following languages: Java,C/C++, C#. Experience with developing GUI is a plus,
- ability to combine different research techniques and tools,
- an excellent command of English and good academic writing and presentation skills,
- familiarity with interpretation of biomedical signals (EEG, ECG, SpO2 etc) is a plus.
We offer a full-time (38 hours a week) contract for a period of 10-12 months. The gross monthly salary will start from € 2.588,- and will depend on your experience and qualifications. You will receive a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
The University of Twente offers excellent working conditions in a stimulating scientific environment, including professional and personal development programs.
Information and application
Your application should consist of the following parts:
- Cover letter explaining your motivation and qualifications for the position;
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae, including list of publications (if any);
- Description of software developed (or links to GitHub) if any.
- A copy or a link to your Master thesis. If you have not completed it yet, please explain your current situation.
- A transcript of your grades.
The selection process will start immediately and will continue until the position gets filled.
For more information about this vacancy you can contact dr. Ainara Garde, email@example.com. More information about the Biomedical Signals and Systems group is available www.utwente.nl/en/eemcs/bss/