The Rijksmuseum, in collaboration with the Department of Physics and Astronomy, Faculty of Sciences, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, is inviting applications …
Junior Researcher Metal Additive Manufacturing
Do you want to join and contribute to the growing world of industrial 3D printing? Can you increase the knowledge and insight into this vastly developing …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
Do you want to join and contribute to the growing world of industrial 3D printing? Can you increase the knowledge and insight into this vastly developing range of production processes? Will you seize the opportunity to deliver a positive impact for our project partners? Are you highly motivated to grow in a dynamic environment?The challenge
AIM2XL is a large scale Ducth project) that deals with the construction of three-dimensional components using one or more materials. The focus of the project is on direct metal deposition of weldable metals in wire and powder form. The goal of the project is to develop the novel capability to design large scale components with radically different properties within one compact monolithic component like for example involving strength, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, mass, electrical properties variations.
3D2SKY is a regional Dutch project on the development of skill that lead to the certifiable production of flight critical parts for aerospace industry. This 3D2SKY project has been subdivided into 4 focus area’s; design, production, post processing and quality management & inspection. The goal of the project is to combine the latest Additive Manufacturing hardware & control software with experimentation, validation and process simulation to grow the knowledge and experience level so the long term goal of certification can be obtained. Project partners in the project are Aeronamic (end user), Fraunhofer IPT, Fraunhofer FPC and the University of Twente (knowledge parners).
For Aim2XL the intended researcher will focus on research into design for additive manufacturing for direct metal deposition. Furthermore, special attention should be paid on developing means for the efficient support of future product designers to utilize the knowledge obtained within the project. Within 3D2SKY the focus will lie on research and development activities within all 4 aspects of the 3D2SKY project. The researchers main focus will be on linking experimental results to scientific literature, explore and improve the usability of in process quality measurement protocols (Meltpool monitoring & Optical Tomopgraphy) and advice and support on process improvement actions.
As a researcher you will become part of the Department of Design, Production and Management, which has a strong background in Design Engineering. Production, additive manufacturing and industrial robotics.
- You hold a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Previous experience with 3D printing/additive manufacturing is a pre.
- You can demonstrate that your skills allow you to make an outstanding contribution to the research as described
- You have excellent communication skills to be able to work with a wide variety of partners and end-users in the project
- You show initiative and are independent, but also work well within a team
- You have fluent English language skills, while other languages such as Dutch or German are a plus.
For additional information regarding this position, you can contact Tom Vaneker, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can upload your application, including a recent CV, before 1 Juni 2018 using the link below.
You will be appointed for three years within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues.
- The gross monthly salary will range from € 2.588,- to € 4.084,- and will depend on experience and qualifications;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- 41 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature