Lecturer Psychology & Technology
At the department Psychology, Health and Technology (PHT) we conduct research and teach students about the use of technologies to support (mental) health and …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 32 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
At the department Psychology, Health and Technology (PHT) we conduct research and teach students about the use of technologies to support (mental) health and well-being. We develop and implement theory-based interventions to influence behaviors, using persuasive technologies (web-based, mobile, gaming etc.). We work both from a psychology and an engineering perspective and cooperate with other scientific disciplines, based on the “high tech, human touch” profile of the University of Twente. We are currently seeking for a talented lecturer Psychology & Technology (F/M, 0,84 FTE). Initially, the position is until August 2021 (for 32 hours pro week) with the intention to prolong the appointment in the future.
You will be working as a tutor in modules in the Bachelor of Psychology, focusing on behavior and technology, human centered design, research methods and professional skills. Within the theme of positive psychology and technology you are free to outline the research topics of the Bachelor theses and Master theses.
You preferably have a PhD in psychology. You have an interest in positive psychological approaches and see a challenge in technology use in (mental) health care. You are passionate about teaching and adopt a personal approach to students. You have good oral and written skills in English, as we teach in English.
Information and Application
For more information please contact prof. dr. (Gerben) Westerhof, head of the department of Psychology, Health & Technology (PHT): firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 053-4896074.
Submit your application (including curriculum vitae and two names of potential references) online no later than Sunday 15 September 2019 to the University of Twente, at the attention of prof. dr. G.J. Westerhof. We conduct job interviews on Wednesday 18 September 2019.
We offer you a contract until August 2021 (for 32 hours pro week). The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement for Universities (CAO).
- Starting salary between € 2.709,- to € 4.274,- gross per month based on your experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Ongoing professional and personal development programs, including facilities in obtaining a University Teaching Qualification;
- A stimulating and collaborative environment;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while we strongly encourage collaboration with close colleagues and other university staff.