1 dag geleden - Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH)
PDEng position in Data-driven business performance and customer value in the energy solutions industry
Bredenoord is an energy solutions company that is increasingly providing its products and services to customers in collaboration with partners, while moving …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 1970 - € 1970 per maand
Bredenoord is an energy solutions company that is increasingly providing its products and services to customers in collaboration with partners, while moving from a fixed price model to a model that is based on actual use and impact. Consequently, Bredenoord needs to become more data-driven. Data is needed to support decisions regarding partner coordination, internal process adaptation, predictive maintenance, pricing and billing, revenue, and cost distribution, and much more. When done properly, a data-driven organization will improve business performance and customer value. The major challenge for companies to become data-driven organizations is to implement a structured and controlled data environment, with smart use of data to quickly adapt to internal and external changes. You will address this challenge in this PDEng project, targeting the energy solutions industry, and considering the use cases of Bredenoord.
Are you passionate about high-end technological design? Do you want to continue developing your skills with a combination of education and work?
The Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng) programme Business & IT offers you a 2-year position combining post MSc education and a design project to be carried out at Bredenoord.
The educational programme, carried out at the University of Twente, will have an in-depth and broadening character with ample attention for professional development and will be partly tailored to the design project. In collaboration with Bredenoord in Apeldoorn you will work on high level, creative new designs for complex issues.
The project - Data driven business performance and customer value in the energy solutions industry:
- Your main goal is to investigate how smart use of data can improve business performance and customer value of given primary processes that exist at Bredenoord.
- You will develop (1) a value model of business collaboration with joint market propositions and new pricing models, (2) an enterprise architecture of how such market propositions and pricing models can be provided with business performance through smart use of data, and (3) a dashboard or data-driven decision tool that can be used in one or more of the primary processes of Bredenoord.
- You will use techniques like value modelling (e3value), enterprise modelling (ArchiMate), and other modelling and software engineering techniques to develop the mentioned artifacts.
- You will cooperate with Bredenoord business lines and staff departments, covering commercial, performance and technology aspects of Bredenoord's products and services.
- You hold a MSc degree in: Computer Science, Internet Science & Technology, Software Technology, Business Information Technology (BIT), Industrial Engineering and Management, Interaction Technology, or a related specialization;
- You have demonstrated affinity with design and multidisciplinary assignments;
- You have a passion for finding solutions for complex IT-related issues;
- You have excellent collaboration and communication skills;
- You are self-starting and self-motivating, willing to take initiatives and feel the responsibility for your own project.
ConditionsWe offer a very challenging position for two years in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment. In this time, we will provide you with a tailor-made post-master design programme that has an educational component (~50%) as well as a design project (~50%). The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include:
- A salary of € 1,970.- gross per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment.
Additional informationPlease send your application before 31-08-2021 via the "Apply now" button below and include:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- List with grades of courses attended
- References and, if applicable, a list of publications.
Telephone: +31 53 4893677