1 dag geleden - Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH)
PDEng position in Robotics
Are you passionate about high-end technological design? Do you want to continue developing your skills with a combination of education and work? The …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 1970 - € 1970 per maand
Are you passionate about high-end technological design? Do you want to continue developing your skills with a combination of education and work? The Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng) program Robotics offers you a 2-year position combining post MSc education and a design project to be executed at Alliander.
The educational program, carried out at the University of Twente, will have an in-depth and broadening character with ample attention for professional development and will be partly tailored to the design project. In collaboration with Alliander in Arnhem you will work on high level, creative new designs for complex issues.
About the project: Roboconnect, development of a robotic solution for live cable splicing.
Due to the current energy transition, the demand on our power grid is constantly growing. Therefore the grid has to be expanded significantly in the coming years. An important part in the expansion of the grid is cable splicing: making a new connection between two cables. This is a time consuming task that requires highly trained mechanics. Currently 20.000 to 30.000 new connections should be made on a yearly basis and this number will increase in the coming years. In order to increase productivity and safety, we require new robotic solutions which is the main goal of this project.
You will develop robotic solutions that can perform under difficult, real-life conditions. You will use state of the art mechatronics design, possibly including AI, and computer-vision to build a co-bot: a robot tool that can collaborate with the human operator in charge; You will work from the Robotics and Mechatronics lab, where there is much experience in all said topics, and you will collaborate directly with (field) specialists from Alliander.
- You have, or will shortly acquire a MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Industrial Design Engineering, Embedded Systems, Mechanical Engineering, Systems & Control, Industrial Design, or a related robot-technical field;
- Proven affinity with design and multidisciplinary assignments;
- Experience with mechanical engineering;
- Passion for finding solutions for complex technological issues;
- Strong collaboration and communication skills;
- Self-starting and self-motivating, willing to take initiatives and feel the responsibility for your own project;
- Strong preference for Dutch speaking candidates (B1 or higher).
- A full-time position for two years, with a salary of € 1.970,- gross per month, plus a holiday allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%;
- A tailor-made post-Master's design programme combining education (50%) and working on a design project (50%);
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Excellent facilities for professional and personal development.
Additional informationAre you interested to join our team? Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button before August 16, and include:
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- A letter of motivation;
- A list with grades of courses attended;
- References and, if applicable, a list of publications.