Ongeveer 9 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
PhD candidate “Degradation mechanisms in high performance rope structures”
We are looking for a highly motivated PhD student to strengthen our research portfolio. Careful experimental analysis, involving microscopy combined with …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2395 - € 3061 per maand
We are looking for a highly motivated PhD student to strengthen our research portfolio. Careful experimental analysis, involving microscopy combined with digital image correlation to investigate fiber slip, Raman spectroscopy and atomic force microscopy, will be employed to analyze, model and quantify fiber damage. Understanding the physical background of internal degradation processes will ultimately underpin lifetime prediction of these ropes.
• MSc degree in Physics, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, preferably with a background in fibers and/or tribology.
• You are an excellent researcher, eager to learn and to improve;
• You thrive in a collaborative environment;
• Your interpersonal skills as well as English language skills are excellent.
We offer a very challenging full-time position in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment.
• We offer you a full-time four-year position with a two months probation period;
• The gross monthly salary starts with € 2.395,- per month in the first year and increases to € 3.061,- per month in the fourth year of your employment based on a full-time employment;
• A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%;
• A solid pension scheme;
• Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
• Professional and personal development programs