1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD Candidate in Spatial modeling value-chains dynamics in food systems in the Global South
The Department of Natural Resources (NRS) uses earth observation data and spatial information in combination with systems modelling, geo-information science …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The Department of Natural Resources (NRS) uses earth observation data and spatial information in combination with systems modelling, geo-information science (GIS) and remote sensing for the assessment, monitoring, planning and management of natural resources, for their sustainable use, development and restoration under global change.
Diets and global change shape food systems worldwide. There is numerous data on the current status of food systems, farmers’ income or the state of the environment. Whether food systems will stay or become resilient in future, is unclear. This position will analyze food production, processing, and consumption and consider societal and environmental changes. It will include agent-based/system dynamics modelling of value chains at the sub-national or national level in the Global South. The applicant will also translate scenario narratives of stakeholders into model inputs. The research is embedded in the DeSIRE program of the four Dutch technical universities.
We seek a MSc-level graduate in agricultural science, agricultural economics, system science, geography, environmental science, or comparable. You:
- Will have a good understanding of value chains/supply chains in the context of food systems and
- Will be able to address the conceptual and technical challenges of spatial modelling of value-chain dynamics and land systems (agent-based modelling. system dynamics/operations research).
- Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Have an excellent command of English.
For more information about this position you can contact Prof. Dr. Andy Nelson (e-mail: email@example.com). You are also invited to visit our homepage.
Please submit your application before 1 December 2019 (choose “apply now” below). Your application must include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page A4), emphasizing your specific interest, qualifications and motivations to apply for this position;
- a full Curriculum Vitae, including references;
Interviews are scheduled in the week of 16 December 2019.
We offer you an inspiring multidisciplinary and challenging international and academic environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
You will be fulltime employed for four years. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement (CAO-NU) of the Dutch Universities.
- A starting salary of € 2,325.00 in the first year and a salary of € 2,972.00 in the fourth year gross per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- Costs for moving to Enschede may be reimbursed.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature