1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
PhD in Optoelectronic Materials
This PhD project, financed by the NWO Start Up grant (https://www.nwo.nl/en/news-and-events/news/2019/07/seven-researchers-in-physics-and-chemistry-to- …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
This PhD project, financed by the NWO Start Up grant (https://www.nwo.nl/en/news-and-events/news/2019/07/seven-researchers-in-physics-and-chemistry-to-receive-funding-in-final-start-up-round.html), focuses on the experimental realization and study of p-type transparent conductors following recent theoretical predictions. The work spans from in-depth studies of the fundamental material properties that leads to p-type conductivity and transparency -up to now being one of the
biggest challenges in optoelectronics-, to the implementation of the materials in solar cells. More specifically, the successful candidate will have the following tasks:
- Thin film deposition by vacuum and non-vacuum methods (e.g. PLD, sputtering, chemical bath deposition) of oxide and chalcogenide materials.
- Thin film structural, chemical, electrical and optical properties characterization (e.g. X-ray diffraction, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, UV-photoelectron spectroscopy (UPS), optical spectroscopy, Hall effect measurements, Seebeck coefficient measurements).
- Development of combinatorial experiments and large data sets analysis routines for fast screening of promising material compositions. Use of materials databases such as The Materials Project (https://materialsproject.org ) is expected.
- Participation in beamtime at synchrotron facilities for in-depth characterization of material properties, such as electronic structure of the materials and band dispersion.
- Build structure-property relations that lead to the design and realization of p-type transparent materials and demonstrate their application in solar cells.
All candidates are expected to develop into independent researchers, mentor BSc and MSc students, and work collaboratively with interdisciplinary and international team members. In the framework of the project collaboration with scientists at EPFL and UC Berkeley is also foreseen. Excellent English writing and presentation skills are required. He or she will have the opportunity to travel to conferences and workshops. The PhD candidate is expected to start in January 2020.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
If you are interested in filling the vacancy, please upload your CV, a half-page summary of master/diploma thesis, a letter of motivation which states your research experience and interests by using the application button below.
For more information about the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ConditionsWe offer a very challenging fulltime position in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- The gross monthly salary starts with € 2.325,- in the first year and increases to € 2.972,- in the fourth year of your employment.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Professional and personal development programs.