Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PhD in Technology supported social inclusion of elderly
The department Biomedical Signals and Systems/Telemedicine of the University of Twente (UT) has a vacancy for a PhD. This position is funded by a recently …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The department Biomedical Signals and Systems/Telemedicine of the University of Twente (UT) has a vacancy for a PhD. This position is funded by a recently awarded grant from the EU for the project 'Pharaon’, a collaboration between the UT, Roessingh Research and Development, Stichting Nationaal Ouderenfonds and Adsysco but also with many European partners. Within the project we are responsible for the co-creation and pre-validation of technologies that
- help to reduce social isolation of elderly and loneliness and
- enrich eating practices of elderly to lower the chance of malnutrition.
Together we seek to increase mobility of elderly and promote sufficient, happier and healthier food intake at home and/or at care facilities.Your activities
Your research will focus on the co-creation and pre-validation of technologies and platforms for Dutch elderly citizens and includes:
- Setting up an iterative co-creation process with local end-users.
- Qualitative study of user requirements, wishes and concerns.
- Conceptual development of interactive technologies / eHealth / installations.
- Pre-validate technologies provided by partners with stakeholders and local end-users.
- Helping to create guidelines for co-creation with elderly.
- You have affinity with the societal and scientific challenges related to the aging population (social inclusion, eating, mobility);
- You hold a master’s degree in Interaction Technology, Industrial Design, Biomedical Sciences, Computer Science, Behavioral science, Technical medicine or a similar expertise;
- You are very compatible with both the social sciences as well as the technological field;
- You are dedicated, outgoing and communicative;
- You have excellent analytical skills and an innate ability for solution oriented problem solving;
- You have expertise in working in multidisciplinary teams and are a great teammate with good communication skills;
- Because you will work with Dutch end-users we ask proficiency in both English and Dutch, spoken and written.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For inquiries about this position and our offer you can contact Dr. Femke Nijboer (email@example.com). Candidates should upload their application before December 3rd, 2019 by using the application button on the UT website, including a short motivation letter and CV. An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
The UT offers a stimulating work environment in an area of applied, forefront research and provides strong and inspiring collaboration with the medical field and the other organisations involved in this project.
As a PhD student at the UT, you will be appointed on a fulltime position for four years, with a qualifier in the first year. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO- NU) and include a salary ranging from €2.325,- gross per month at the start to €2.972,- in the fourth year. We offer excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a good pension scheme. A training program in which you and your supervisor will make up a plan for additional suitable education and supervision. Finally, we encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff.