PhD Position in Tunable Thermochemical Energy Storage Composite Materials
Are you fascinated to develop advanced materials for thermochemical energy storage applications? Do you have an experience on synthesis and characterization …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2395 - € 2395 per maand
Are you fascinated to develop advanced materials for thermochemical energy storage applications? Do you have an experience on synthesis and characterization of functional materials?
We are looking for a 4- year PhD researcher to reinforce our team!
Thermochemical heat storage system (TCHS) is a promising technology for the efficient utilization of renewable energy all over the year. One of the main challenges of the TCHS is to develop novel thermochemical storage materials (TCMs) based on the salt hydrates with desired thermal and physical properties and superb cyclic stability. The research will be carried out in collaboration with the UT Membrane Science Technology (MST) department and the University of Amsterdam's Van der Waals-Zeeman Institute (UvA). This role focuses on the development of new formulations of thermochemical materials and fundamental study on their cyclic performance. The position requires an individual with high level of experience and qualifications related to advanced materials, high level analytical capability with proficiency in experiments and an excellent set of skills in the use of relevant analytical equipment.
More in detail, the successful candidate will focus on:
- Assessment of current TCM materials.
- Fabrication and characterization of modified inorganic crystal hydrates for TCM applications.
- Study the adsorption and desorption behavior of composite materials both at single particle and particle bed level.
- Candidates should have recently obtained a master's degree in physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or Materials Engineering with outstanding achievements.
- Candidates should have a strong theoretical and experimental background in at least one of the following topics: thermochemical heat storage, polymers, functional materials, crystallization
- A background in experimentation, knowledge of materials characterization and thermal energy storage technologies is desirable.
- Your writing skills are good - you have written technical reports and/or scientific papers.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well in a team.
- You have excellent communication skills and good
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- You have experience in doing multidisciplinary based research.
- You have an interest in contributing to a high quality, impactful working team with several PhD candidates.
ConditionsWe offer you a very challenging position in an inspiring multidisciplinary environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- We offer a four-year fulltime PhD position.
- We provide a stimulating, modern research environment with world-class research facilities.
- You will be part of a dedicated team with which you will collaborate extensively with industry.
- A starting salary of € 2.434,- gross per month in the first year and increasing to € 3.111 gross per month in the fourth year.
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and an annual year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment.
- We provide excellent mentorship and a stimulating research environment to accelerate your further professional and personal growth.
Your first responsibility is to carry out the research, but you are also encouraged to acquire teaching experience. We support you to broaden your knowledge by joining international exchange programs, by participating in national and international conferences and workshops and by visiting industrial companies, research institutes, and universities worldwide.
Additional informationYou are welcome to contact Dr. Mohammad Mehrali : email@example.com for any questions you might have.
Please upload your application via the 'Apply now' button. Your application must include:
- A video (maximum of two minutes) explaining your scientific interests and why you wish to apply for this job. In your CV document, please attach a web URL for video direct download.
- A cover letter exposing the candidate motivation for this position.
- An up-to-date CV, detailing work experience and research and academic achievements
- Transcript of records (applicant's ranking and marks) for both Bachelor degree and Master degree.
- Documentation proving your English proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score)
- At least two reference letters from a (former) supervisor, professor, or a manager with contact information.
A first selection will be made based on this written application. A selected group of applicants will be invited for an interview.
The application deadline is 30 September 2021.
A Game-Based assessment will be also part of the selection procedure.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature