1 dag geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
PhD position on Energy Efficient Electron GaN Devices
The challenge is to develop and incorporate a physics-based model needed to describe the ferroelectric properties in the transistors, to develop novel power …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
The challenge is to develop and incorporate a physics-based model needed to describe the ferroelectric properties in the transistors, to develop novel power devices and electrical analysis of the envisaged devices.
The project is financed by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) in the domain Applied and Engineering Sciences (TTW). You will carry out the research at the University in Enschede, The Netherlands and several supervisors (Dr. Ray Hueting, Prof. Dr. Dirk Gravesteijn, and Prof. Dr. Jurriaan Schmitz) will give guidance. In this project you will collaborate with the Inorganic Materials Science (IMS) group, part of the department of Science and Technology. In addition, this project is carried out in collaboration with a wide span of companies such as EpiGaN, IQE, ON Semiconductor, Silvaco, SolMates and WeEn Semiconductors. Teaching activities will take 10%-20% of your time.
- You are highly motivated and an enthusiastic researcher (F/M).
- You have a MSc degree in electrical engineering, nanotechnology, applied physics or a related topic, with excellent theoretical, programming and experimental skills.
- You have shown affinity with semiconductors and modelling.
- You have good team spirit and like to work in an internationally oriented environment.
- You are fluent in English.
You will be appointed on a fulltime position for four years, with a qualifier in the first year, within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO- NU).
- Salary ranging from € 2.222,- gross at the start to € 2,840,- gross in the fourth year;
- Excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8,3% and a solid pension scheme;
- A training program in which you and your supervisor will make up a plan for additional suitable education and supervision;
- We encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Send your application before July 30th, 2018 and include an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation to apply for this position, a detailed CV (resume), a publication list, contact details of at least 2 referees, an academic transcript of B.Sc. and M.Sc. education and a TOEFL or IELTS score to verify sufficient mastering of the English language. An interview will be part of the selection procedure.
For more information about the position, please contact our secretary Mrs. Remke Assink at firstname.lastname@example.org.