1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PhD position on Nanoscale Thermal Management
We are looking for a talented PhD candidate that is willing to fabricate, characterize and measure the performance of nano- and micro-scale pioneer thermal …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2325 - € 2992 per maand
We are looking for a talented PhD candidate that is willing to fabricate, characterize and measure the performance of nano- and micro-scale pioneer thermal devices using top-notch equipment from the MESA+ Institute and other facilities at the University of Twente. International PhD stays at Stanford University (California, USA), Soochow University (China), Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (New York, USA) or the Institute of Micro- and Nano-electronics (Madrid, Spain), among others, might be possible.
- A strong interest and established experience in Nanotechnology and Transport Phenomena.
- An MSc degree in Nanoscience, Condensed Matter Physics, Applied Physics, Material Science.
- Excellent knowledge on heat transfer, nanotechnology & electrical and thermal metrology.
- Experiences with experimental laboratory/clean-room work and having experience using AFM is a plus.
- Experience in fabrication and physical characterization of nanostructures is advantageous.
- Analytical skills for heat transfer processes and modelling of these processes (Matlab, Finite Element Modelling).
- Critical and creative approach to the research, as well as sharp analytical skills.
- Pro-active and result-oriented team worker in an academic environment.
- Capability to solve problems independently, but also be able to work with interdisciplinary teams - Good communication and interpersonal skills to organize research with both academics and professionals - Good communication (verbal and writing) skills in English.
- Interested in getting involved in educational tasks.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Information about the departments is available at: https://www.utwente.nl/en/et/tfe/research-groups/TE/
Information about the research line is available at: https://www.utwente.nl/en/et/tfe/researchgroups/TE/research/subjects/Advanced_Materials/
More information about this position can be obtained from Dr. Muñoz Rojo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your application should be submitted before 16-12-2018.
Please send the following documents through the link below:
- BSc and MSc grade lists
- Documentation proving your English proficiency
- Letters of recommendation, and names of possible references
- A motivation letter why you would be a suitable candidate
- Since only three documents can be uploaded per application, please combine documents if needed.
We offer a challenging full-time PhD position, starting February 2019 or later in an inspiring multidisciplinary environment.
- We provide excellent mentorship and a stimulating research environment with excellent facilities;
- You will be given the opportunity to acquire teaching experience;
- You are offered a professional and personal development program within Graduate School Twente;
- A starting salary of € 2.325 (per 1-2-2019) gross per month in the first year and a salary of € 2.992 in the fourth year gross per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays per year in case of full-time employment;