1 dag geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
PhD position on platform business design
The Department of Technology Management and Supply of the University of Twente is inviting applications for a PhD position on platform business design. Are …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The Department of Technology Management and Supply of the University of Twente is inviting applications for a PhD position on platform business design.
Are you passionate about how digitization facilitates new and innovative ways of doing business? Then this project on platform-based business models is something for you!
A corporate startup (of an international sales firm with >1 billion in sales) that is in the process of launching a digital business platform funds this project and will provide access to interesting research data. Questions revolve around topics such as: Effective governance to stimulate interorganizational collaboration, platform lifecycle and expansion strategies, and other factors related to successfully managing the platform business model. Beyond this project, we also organize a round table with other firms involved in business platforming, this table will function as a project sounding board.
The PhD project will be supervised by dr. Erwin Hofman and prof. dr. Holger Schiele from the University of Twente and will additionally benefit from dr. Joost Rietveld from University College London as an external committee member. The founders and management team of the funding firm are also closely involved in this project. To make sure you root well at both sides, you will have an office at the company’s premises in Utrecht as well as at the University of Twente in Enschede.Joining our department means joining a very encouraging and international group of faculty! Our PhD studies are meaningful and allow you to explore the furthest horizons of this research domain. The rewards are high: our PhD graduates go on to teach and conduct research at the world's best universities. Also, the University of Twente has been awarded the most entrepreneurial university of the Netherlands which makes our university and its surrounding business ecosystem an interesting and vibrant place.
- You are interested in technology-based innovation;
- You have good team spirit and like to work in an internationally oriented environment;
- You have an MSc degree with excellent grades in business, management or engineering background, e.g., in business administration, industrial engineering and management, economics, or business information technology;
- Strong analytical skills, a desire to collect and work with large datasets, and motivation to investigate state-of-the-art theoretical and conceptual concepts;
- You have profound knowledge of English (written/oral) and preferably also of Dutch.
Information and application
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application (via e-mail), which should include:
- Motivation letter;
- Detailed CV (resume);
- University transcripts of B.Sc. and M.Sc. education;
- If available a TOEFL or IELTS score to verify sufficient proficiency of the English language.
Full applications are due November 8th 2019. We will invite you for a campus visit between November 15th and November 30th.
For more information please contact dr.ir. E. Hofman, email@example.com.
Opportunity to investigate platform business models and to advance your scientific and entrepreneurial skills.
- Work with a dedicated, interdisciplinary team from the management faculty that work in close collaboration with technical faculties and businesses;
- Direct project responsibility in collaboration with our business partner;
- We appreciate a high degree of responsibility and initiative, there is flexibility and a desire for you to include your own ideas in this research;
- A full time, 4-year position with a competitive salary and benefits including funding for traveling; Salary and conditions are in accordance with the collective labor agreement for Dutch universities (CAO- NU): you will receive a salary ranging from €2.325,- gross per month at the start to €2.972,- in the fourth year; Excellent other benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme;
- A training program in which you and your supervisors will make up a plan for additional suitable education and supervision.