The Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC) at the University of Amsterdam invites applications for a fully funded four-year PhD position in the …
PhD position on Virtual Reality Technology
You will be working in a highly interdisciplinary project and context. You will be located at the Tactus in Rekken and at the Human Media Interaction group. …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
You will be working in a highly interdisciplinary project and context. You will be located at the Tactus in Rekken and at the Human Media Interaction group. You will collaborate with health professionals and patients and researchers. Within the project you will look into the current treatment protocols within the Tactus programs and look for possibilities to integrate on smart technology to support addiction treatments for patients with an intellectual disability. Examples are applications such as personalized virtual reality environments to experience certain situations, or mobile applications and smart sensing.
For this PhD position, we are looking for a technical inclined master of science who is keen to do research and write a thesis in the field of smart technology to support addiction treatment for patients with an intellectual disability. Besides research into the field, the research will contribute to design, implementation and evaluation of the developed system. The results of the research should be translated into guidelines for the treatment protocols.
You are expected to contribute and take responsibility for research and development related to:
- Development of virtual reality environments to support treatments;
- Translating current treatment protocols into prototypes;
- Evaluation user experience and user satisfaction;
- You are co-responsibility for the timely writing of project deliverables, research publications.
- You hold a masters degree in Computer Science, Human Media Interaction, Artificial Intelligence preferably with a specialisation in virtual reality;
- You have excellent skills and practical experience in multi-modal dialogue systems and have the expertise to develop prototypes for virtual environments;
- You have a passion for improving virtual reality by applying the newest scientific research;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, communication with patients and health professions is conducted in Dutch;
- You are a teamplayer and see it as a challenge to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
You can submit your application (including CV, list of publications, research statements and three names of potential references) before the 23rd of April 2018, attn of prof.dr. D.K.J. Heylen. For more information you can contact dr. R. Klaassen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a very challenging fulltime position for four years in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A starting salary of € 2.222 in the first year and a salary of € 2.840 in the fourth year gross per month;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs.