PhD position: Simulations of large scale wind farm dynamics
Are you fascinated by physics and the application of state-of-the-art fluid dynamics computer simulations of real-world applications? Are you curious about …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
Are you fascinated by physics and the application of state-of-the-art fluid dynamics computer simulations of real-world applications? Are you curious about the potential applications of wind energy? Are you ambitious and multifaceted? We are looking for a PhD student to carry out state-of-the-art research on wind farm dynamics! Wind turbines interact with the environment over a wide range of length scales ranging from millimeters (viscous scales) and meters (wakes and tip vortices) up to kilometers (wind farms). Due to the large separation of scales wind farm dynamics are very rich. A detailed understanding of the relevant physics is essential to improve design of future wind farms and to increase the potential of wind energy. High-fidelity numerical simulations are an ideal tool to enhance our fundamental insight into the performance of wind farms. Simulations allow us to visualize the flow in wind farms and study important physical effects under controlled and reproducible conditions. In this PhD project you will further develop and use state-of-the-art large wind farm simulations.
You have a background in applied physics or mechanical engineering or a closely related subject area. You have strong communication skills, including fluency in written and spoken English. You are enthusiastic and highly motivated to do a PhD Programming experience in C or Fortran is a plus.
We want you to play a key role in an ambitious project in an inspiring and stimulating international work environment.
- We provide excellent mentorship and a stimulating, state-of-the-art research environment with world-class research facilities.
- You will have an employment contract for 4 years and can participate in all employee benefits the UT offers.
- You are an excellent teammate in an enthusiastic and hardworking group of scientists.
- You can make use of excellent facilities for professional and personal development.
- You will follow a high-quality personalized educational program.
- The research will result in a Ph.D. thesis at the end of the employment period.
- We strive for diversity and fairness in hiring.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Potential applicants are encouraged to apply to Dr. Richard Stevens (firstname.lastname@example.org).Applications should include the following documents:
- A motivation letter describing why you want to apply for this position.
- Description of your research interests.
- A detailed CV.
- Academic transcripts from your Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
- Email addresses of at least two references who are willing to send a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- An interview with a scientific presentation will be part of the interview process.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature