PhD researcher in thermochemical energy storage materials
Do you want to contribute to the energy transition of the coming years? Do you want to develop your scientific and engineering skills?We are looking for a 4- …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2335 - € 2972 per maand
Do you want to contribute to the energy transition of the coming years? Do you want to develop your scientific and engineering skills?
We are looking for a 4- year PhD researcher to reinforce our team!
Thermochemical heat storage (TCH) is a promising technology for the efficient utilization of renewable energy all over the year. One of the main challenges of the TCHS is to design and fabricate thermochemical storage materials (TCMs) with superb thermal and physical properties and great cyclic stability. This project will systematically investigate new thermochemical energy storage composite materials for long duration heat and cold storage devices. The PhD candidate will focus on the development and characterization of these composite TCMs considering the systematic study from micro to macro scale. During this exciting cross-disciplinary project the you will acquire unique expertise and outstanding skills through close contact with academic collaborators.
- You hold a Master's degree in applied physics or materials engineering or similar subjects.
- A background in experimentation, knowledge of materials characterization and thermal energy storage technologies is desirable.
- Previous knowledge in designing experimental apparatus and test methods.
- Your writing skills are good - you have written technical reports and/or scientific papers.
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well in a team.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- You have experience in doing multidisciplinary based research.
- You have an interest in contributing to a high quality, impactful working team with several post docs and PhD candidates.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
You are welcome to contact Dr. Mohammad Mehrali or Dr. Mina Shahi for any questions you might have. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please upload your application via the ‘Apply now’ button. Your application must include:
- A video (2-minute max) describing your scientific interests and why do you want to apply for this position. Please, include a web link for video direct download in your CV document.
- A motivation letter explaining why this position is the best match for your personal development, career and why you are the best fit for our research group.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Transcripts from your Bachelor and Master degrees.
- Documentation proving your English proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score).
Please note: you are required to fill in an additional questionnaire before we can process your application, via this link: Questionnaire.
A Game-Based assessment will be also part of the selection procedure.
ConditionsWe offer you a very challenging position in an inspiring multidisciplinary environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- We offer a four-year fulltime PhD position.
- We provide a stimulating, modern research environment with world-class research facilities.
- You will be part of a dedicated team with which you will collaborate extensively with industry.
- A starting salary of € 2.325,00 gross per month in the first year and increasing to € 2.972 gross per month in the fourth year.
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and an annual year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment.
- We provide excellent mentorship and a stimulating research environment to accelerate your further professional and personal growth.
- The University of Twente is situated on a green and lively campus with lots of facilities for sports and other activities.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature