Post-doc: computational models of musculoskeletal injury prediction and control of bio-protective exosuits
Do you want to develop wearable technologies for preventing musculoskeletal injuries in occupational settings, e.g., factory workers performing manual tasks? …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3353 - € 4402 per maand
Do you want to develop wearable technologies for preventing musculoskeletal injuries in occupational settings, e.g., factory workers performing manual tasks? Are you passionate about developing novel human-machine interfaces for robotic exosuits? [The Neuro-Mechanical Modeling and Engineering Lab](https://www.utwente.nl/en/et/be/research/neuro-mech-eng-group/), Department of Biomechanical Engineering, University of Twente, is seeking for a creative and outstanding post-doctoral fellow to work within the European Project SOPHIA. You will become part of a growing team of roboticists, biomechanists, as well as partners in machinery and automotive industries.
You will focus on human subjects performing locomotion and/or lifting tasks, who are prone to lower back and/or leg injuries. These injuries may be prevented by developing (1) statistical methods for the estimation of injury likelihood and (2) controllers for bio-protective robotic exosuits. Your tasks will include:
- Developing injury likelihood estimators based on real-time estimates of musculoskeletal states (e.g. muscle-tendon strains, joint compressive loads, etc.).
- Developing closed-loop control logics for bio-protective active trunk or leg exosuits to maintain injury likelihood within boundaries.
- Validating these methods in laboratory and factory environments.
- Joining a team of scientists and cooperate on related topics.
- University degrees in statistics, mechatronics, computer, electrical, biomedical engineering or related disciplines.
- PhD degree with strong experience in computational (statistical) models for injury prevention and/or robotic control.
- Proven experience in statistical modelling, data mining and/or machine learning.
- Proven knowledge in musculoskeletal modelling and object-oriented programming.
- Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, creativity.
- Proficient in written and oral English.
- A full-time contract for 24 months
- A gross salary between € 3.353,- and € 4.402,- per month , depending on experience and qualifications.
- An annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, and an annual end of year bonus of 8.3%.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment.
- The University of Twente is situated on a green and lively campus with lots of facilities for sports and other extracurricular activities
- Outstanding research facilities and working environment
- Proximity to Enschede, a mid-size city with a large social offer, embedded in the beautiful nature of the Twente region.
- Fun work atmosphere with social events such as lab retreats.
Additional informationYou can apply for this position before 1st of September 2021 by clicking the 'apply now' button below. Please include the following:
- A video (2-minute max) describing your scientific interests and why you are applying for this position.
- A cover letter (1-page max) specifying how your experience and skills match the position as well as summarizing your PhD work.
- A CV including English proficiency level, nationality, visa requirements, date of birth, experience overview, and publication list.
- Contact information for at least two academic references. A support letter will be requested by us only if your application is considered