Post-Doctoral position Sensing/Industry
We hereby advertise an opening for a postdoc position (1 year) for the UT Sensing program/Industry, with the following list of tasks: UT Sensing project …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3173 - € 4166 per maand
We hereby advertise an opening for a postdoc position (1 year) for the UT Sensing program/Industry, with the following list of tasks:
- UT Sensing project Industry – prototype or proof-of-concept device;
- Interact with other Sensing research and grant securement activities at the UT;
- Integrate with the team working on the development of joint projects;
- Scout and follow-up with external contacts, funding opportunities, needs, and opportunities within the (inter)national Sensing community (industry, public sector, etc.);
As UT Sensing/Industry researcher, you will be part of the IDS and MCS groups (EWI and TNW faculties respectively), both groups belong to MESA+ team. You will report to the Program Manager of Make it Sense/Industry: Assistant professor David Fernandez Rivas.
As a postdoc you are expected to perform research of high quality, help in coordinating between partners (researchers and industry) contributing to the success of the project. It is expected to report on your research in international scientific journals.
- You hold a PhD degree in a Sensing related topic (physics, engineering, microfabrication);
- You are experienced in relevant research in industry and/or in industrial R&D strategy; e.g. excellent experimental skills demonstrated during the PhD.
- You are experienced in finding and engaging research consortia, and writing grant proposals;
- Able to function effectively within a complex organizational setting;
- Excellent language skills in English.
- Entrepreneurial, innovative and result-focused;
- Enjoys working in a team, but can also handle a high degree of professional autonomy.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information please contact D. Fernandez Rivas, Assistant Professor (phone +31 53 489 3531), email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A reference check or an assessment can be part of the procedure.
Please submit your application until January 15, 2019 by filling in the form including a motivation letter and current CV (choose ‘apply now’ below).
The University of Twente offers a stimulating work environment in an area of applied, forefront research. You will have an employment contract for the duration of one year, that could be extended depending on performance during the 1-year period for another 2 years. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of the Dutch Universities. Gross monthly salary depends on experience and qualifications and ranges from € 3173,- to € 4166,-. Additionally, the University of Twente provides excellent facilities for professional and personal development, a holiday allowance (amounts to 8%), an end-of-year bonus (amounts to 8,3%) and a number of additional benefits.