Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
PostDoc (2 years) working on me4tes project
There is a growing need for flexibility for the use of local and/or sustainable energy sources, which is caused by the natural fluctuations in the supply of …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3255 - € 4274 per maand
There is a growing need for flexibility for the use of local and/or sustainable energy sources, which is caused by the natural fluctuations in the supply of these forms of energy. The combination of sustainable energy systems and compact thermal storage leads to more efficient use of sustainable energy and a reduction of the required energy from the electricity grid. Especially the use of thermochemical materials (TCMs), which is an intrinsically loss-free and compact means of thermal energy storage, can effectively couple the supply and demand. Optimized heat and mass transfer characteristics benefit storage capacity and charge/discharge power. The aim of ME4TES is to understand the structure-property relationships of heat and mass transfer, and provide design criteria for optimally functioning TCMs inside a component of the thermal battery. ME4TES will yield a validated model that accurately describes the behavior of TCMs at various length scales, namely at the level of TCM particles, pellets and a packed bed in interaction with the heat exchanger. ME4TES will exploit hydrated salts as TCMs that have shown energy storage capabilities significantly higher than water (with relevant temperature difference).
More information on the project is available on: https://www.utwente.nl/en/et/tfe/researchgroups/TE/research/projects/Thermochemical%20Energy%20Storage/#project-information
We are looking for a highly skilled model developer with:
- A PhD degree in in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar subjects;
- A thorough knowledge of fluid mechanics (including multiphase flows) and heat transfer.
- Previous knowledge on thermochemical heat storage systems, solid state chemistry, Kinetics of Phase Transitions, and Reaction in solids.
- Proven relevant expertise in CFD modelling particularly programming with C++ (that is a must), experienced in working with OpenFOAM is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team
You are a team-player with experiences in doing multidisciplinary based research. You have an interest in contribute to a high quality, impactful working team with several post docs and PhD candidates.
Questions regarding these positions can be directed to Mina Shahi, PhD (Assistant Professor), phone: +31-53-4892362, email: email@example.com
Your application should include the following documents:
- A cover letter carefully describing research interests and goals
- CV (including contact information for at least two academic references)
- Transcripts from your Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees
- Transcripts of your language certificates
Applications should be submitted before April 15, 2019 through the link below
- We offer a challenging full-time postdoc position. The duration of the contract is 2 years
- The gross monthly salary will range from € 3.255,- to € 4.274,- and will depend on experience and qualifications. In addition, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an annual year-end bonus of 8.3%
- A solid pension scheme
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment
- Professional and personal development programs.