3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PostDoc: Human Milk Flow Rate Monitoring
Breastfeeding offers unique advantages for mothers and infants, but is also associated with many challenges. Accurate quantification of breast milk intake by …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3408 - € 4474 per maand
Breastfeeding offers unique advantages for mothers and infants, but is also associated with many challenges. Accurate quantification of breast milk intake by the infant is often desired, but objective methods are unavailable. Our overarching aim is to develop new, dedicated methods for breastfeeding research and support.
Within this project, we invite applications for a postdoctoral research fellow. The main focus of your work will be on fluid dynamics, optics and acoustics from both a theoretical and experimental perspective. Your scientific challenge will be to develop an inline, light scattering based method to quantify milk flow rate, using state-of-the-art ultrasound technology for validation purposes. You will also be expected to spend a limited amount of your time to academic teaching duties.
You will be embedded in the positive research climate of the Biomedical Photonic Imaging group of the University of Twente and you will collaborate closely with our colleagues of the Physics of Fluids group. You will be part of a hardworking, highly motivated and multidisciplinary research team who collaborate on engineering new methods for breastfeeding research. Your position will be funded by a Vidi grant from the NWO Talent Programme of the Dutch Research Council.
- You are a positive, hardworking, independent and critical researcher with a PhD in optics or photonics.
- You have experience with fluid dynamics and/or acoustics.
- You have strong analytical and experimental skills.
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team.
- You are proficient in English, both writing and speaking.
ConditionsWe offer a full-time (0.8 or 1.0 fte) postdoc position for 3 years. The terms of employment are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO-NU) and include:
- A starting salary of € 3.408,- in the first year per month depending on experience and qualifications.
- Excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme.
- Minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment.
- Outstanding research facilities and working environment
- Excellent support for research and project management tasks and opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Excellent opportunity to combine the development of scientific knowledge with solving societal challenges.
Additional informationPlease submit your application via the applicant button below before November 15, including:
- A cover letter outlining your specific interest, qualifications and motivation to apply for this position.
- A detailed CV.
- Contact information of two scientific staff members who are willing to provide a recommendation letter at our request.
For more information about the vacancy, please contact Dr.ir. Nienke Bosschaart. Email: email@example.com. Please do not use this email address to submit your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our university. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.