Postdoc in Orthopaedic Biomechanics
The Biomechanical Engineering group is specialised in the application area of Biomedical Technology, integrating the tools of several engineering disciplines …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
- € 3255 - € 4978 per maand
The Biomechanical Engineering group is specialised in the application area of Biomedical Technology, integrating the tools of several engineering disciplines to analyse aspects of human functioning. We study the special mechanical properties of living biological tissue and the dynamics of the human system and apply this in the development of instruments and methodologies that support daily life functioning of individuals.
Examples of medical devices we have developed are rehabilitation robotics for the lower and upper extremities, diagnostic robots for (impaired) motor control, surgical robotics, endo- and exoprostheses, and wearable exoskeletons. The effectiveness of these devices is tested in clinical practice and with industrial partners.
The medical application areas of the research are rehabilitation, orthopaedics, neurology and cardiovascular surgery. The programme is entirely embedded in the Technical Medical Centre.
This vacancy focusses specifically to the areas of orthopaedic implants, finite element models, musculoskeletal modelling and overall orthopaedic biomechanics.
As a postdoc your primary role will be to generate and submit research proposals to national and international funding bodies. This will be done in collaboration with team members of the Biomechanical Engineering group in Twente and of the Orthopaedic Research Laboratory of Radboudumc in Nijmegen.
- You hold a PhD in a field that is closely related to this position;
- You can demonstrate to have submitted successful applications to national and/or international funding agencies;
- You find it important to work in a team;
- Good communication and writing skills.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please send your application before November 15th 2019 via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- Your Curriculum Vitae;
- A covering letter and a complete list of publications;
- Two references we will contact. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our University. We encourage applications from all sections of society;
- You are welcome to contact Prof.dr.ir. Nico Verdonschot, email: email@example.com for any questions you might have.
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with attractive support infrastructures and campus facilities. The University provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
You will be initially employed fulltime for 2,5 years. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO) and include:
- Gross monthly salary is between € 3.255,- and € 4.978,- depending on your experience and qualifications;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A solid pension scheme.