1 dag geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Postdoc inclusive finance and innovative technologies
Are you passionate about finding innovative ways to improve access to finance for income generation, for those that have limited if any access currently? In …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3255 - € 4274 per maand
Are you passionate about finding innovative ways to improve access to finance for income generation, for those that have limited if any access currently? In collaboration with the Dutch inclusive finance firm Qredits and the European Microfinance Network (EMN), the University of Twente received an EIBURS grant from the European Investment Bank (EIB) Institute to study ground breaking practices in the field of financial inclusion in Europe. For this project, we are looking for both (1) a postdoc and (2) a PhD researcher. Are you interested in strengthening our team?
Your primary task is to uncover innovative practices across Europe while additionally conducting a detailed analysis of the rich data that Qredits has available with regards to their existing client base. Via our academic partners the TU Berlin (Germany) and Nord University (Norway), we will also be able to study the German and Norwegian inclusive finance markets. Based on these studies, we research how a good balance is achieved between automation and face-to-face interaction when seeking to deliver the greatest impact for inclusive finance. In sum, while conducting rigorous research, we also want to impact practice and provide strong policy recommendations to the EIB and other relevant societal actors. You are encouraged to spend substantial time at the Qredits head office for your research. Additionally, you will be involved in education (0,4 fte), including the supervision of project related master and bachelor theses.
As a postdoc researcher, you will become a leading player in our diverse research team, and - together with a PhD student - you will research:
- Practices of innovative European inclusive finance organizations;
- Improving cost-effectiveness of current methods and systems in relation to the success of specific customer segments;
- Strengthening loan assessment with the help of digitalization;
- The impact of new technology on the inclusive finance landscape.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering & Management, Business & IT, Data Science, Econometrics, Public Administration or equivalent;
- An interest in the innovative use of IT and/or finance geared towards reducing poverty and social exclusion;
- Affinity with inclusive finance and new technology development;
- You know how to use software packages for the analyses of large datasets such as Python, R and/or other packages, or you are eager to learn basic data science techniques;
- Proficient in written and spoken English C1 and preferably also in Dutch or are able to learn Dutch; command of the German and/or Norwegian language would be an additional advantage;
- Excellent academic writing skills- you are urged to provide up to three conference and/or journal papers that demonstrate your research and writing skills;
- Excellent methodological and analytical skills, a critical mindset and you enjoy a challenge.
- Excellent teammate with good social skills.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
More information about this position can be obtained from Dr. Michel Ehrenhard (email@example.com). Please send your application, with a detailed CV and a motivation letter, before the 11th of November 2019.
We offer you a very challenging position in an inspiring multidisciplinary environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization and entrepreneurship are a key part of the strategic agenda.
- We strive for diversity and fairness in hiring - we offer a full time three-year position.
- We provide you excellent mentorship and a stimulating, modern research environment with world-class research facilities.
- You will be part of a dedicated team with whom you will collaborate extensively with the Qredits organization.
- You will benefit from a professional and personal development program and a green and lively campus, with lots of sports facilities and other activities.
- You receive a starting gross salary per month of € 3.255,- with a maximum of € 4.274,-. Additionally, you get a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3%, and you will have a minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment.