Postdoc position "in PICO-SCALE PLASMONICS"
A postdoctoral research position is available in the Hybrid Materials for OptoElectronics group Nijhuis of Prof Nijhuis, Department of Molecules and …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3353 - € 4402 per maand
A postdoctoral research position is available in the Hybrid Materials for OptoElectronics group Nijhuis of Prof Nijhuis, Department of Molecules and Materials, Faculty of The Faculty of Science & Technology, at the University of Twente with the aim to develop a platform to electrically excite plasmons in extremely small cavities. These devices benefit form extreme field enhancements that can be used to catalyse reactions and simultaneously follow them with SERS at the single-molecule level without the need for external light sources. Such devices will also enable us to address open questions regarding light-matter interaction under these extreme conditions. The challenges will be to fabricate stable pico-scale cavities and to setup a Raman system for in situ characterization of electrically driven devices.
- PhD degree in physics, preferably with a specialization in non-linear optic optics.
- Demonstrated experimental skill and a good understanding of theory (plasmonis, non-linear optics, theory, fabrication).
- You are a self-motivating person who enjoys solving a challenging task in a team of like-minded people.
- You are an independent thinker with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- You are fluent in English and an excellent team player in an enthusiastic group of scientists and engineers working on a common theme.
- The UT provides a dynamic and exciting scientific environment, lots of sports facilities (and other activities), and a green and lively campus. We offer a fulltime position with excellent working conditions in an inspiring multidisciplinary and international environment involving local and overseas collaboration;
- The Postdoc position is set for 2 3 years at the University of Twente, you will be appointed on a fulltime position;
- Salary and conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO-NU);
- You will receive a salary ranging from €3.353,- gross per month at the start to €4.402,- depending on experience;
- Between 29 and 41 leave days in case of full-time employment;
- Additional benefits include a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme.
Additional informationThe position can be filled immediately.
Are you interested to be part of our team? Please send your application before September 1st, 2021 via the "apply now" button below, and include:
- an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation to apply for this position;
- Detailed CV including publication lists, include contact details of 3 academic references
- an academic transcript of B.Sc., M.Sc. education and a 2-3 (A4) page summary of your PhD dissertation
You are welcome to contact me, prof. dr. Christian A. Nijhuis on firstname.lastname@example.org and Femi Ojambati email@example.com for more information about the vacancy.