PostDoc position: Wetting, Interfacial Rheology and Microfluidics for EOR
In so-called smart water flooding, the composition of the oil-displacing brine is carefully tuned to optimize the process. Depending on the ion …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3353 - € 4402 per maand
In so-called smart water flooding, the composition of the oil-displacing brine is carefully tuned to optimize the process. Depending on the ion concentrations, both the calcite-liquid and brine-oil interfaces undergo changes, involving calcite restructuring and/or asphaltene assembly into (visco-elastic) interfacial layers.
To investigate these processes, experiments are performed at different interfaces and lengthscales. The EOR process as a whole is mimicked on a microfluidic chip while visualizing the water/oil/rock distributions and electronically monitoring physical signals. Underlying phenomena contributing to the overall process are also studied on a macroscopic scale: wettability alteration of the calcite and visco-elastic responses of the oil-brine interfacial layer. This research is part of a collaborative project at PCF in which also nanoscopic morphological and chemical information is obtained.
For the PostDoc we are looking for a skilled experimentalist with a background in physical chemistry. Specific experience in Confocal Raman Microscopy, microfluidics, ion specific sensing technologies will be a pro. You will be appointed for max. 2 years as a postdoc researcher. You are proficient in English, a good communicator and team player, and enjoy interdisciplinary collaborations. Reference letters from two senior academics are expected.
- We provide excellent mentorship and a stimulating, modern research environment with world-class research facilities.
- You will have an employment contract for the duration of max 2 years, with extension possible under mutual agreement, and you are eligible for all employee benefits the UT offers.
- The post-doc salary is between € 3.353 and € 4.402 gross per month (scale 10 Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) depending on experience and qualifications.
- You will receive holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Additionally, the UT is a green campus with excellent facilities and resources for professional and personal development.
We strive for diversity and fairness in hiring.