1 dag geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
PostDoc Researcher Position “Free-standing Transmission Gratings for Spectral Unraveling”
Are you enthusiatic about pushing the limits in micro/nano fabrication of optical components? We are looking for a motivated and skilled post-doctoral …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3353 - € 4012 per maand
Are you enthusiatic about pushing the limits in micro/nano fabrication of optical components?
We are looking for a motivated and skilled post-doctoral researcher to carry out advanced micro/nano fabrication research on free-standing transmission gratings for spectral unraveling of extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography light sources.
The XUV Optics Group at Twente, in collaboration with ARCNL in Amsterdam, has started a new multidisciplinary research program on these topics. We develop forefront fundamental research, relevant to high tech applications (www.utwente.nl/xuv/). The research will take place in a state-of-the-art thin film laboratory and cleanroom within the MESA+ Institute for Nanotechnology at the University of Twente, in collaboration with various academic and industrial partners.
Your goal is to develop the advanced free-standing transmission gratings using the well-established micro/nano fabrication infrastructure. Previously we have fabricated transmission gratings with 50 nm features. The challenge includes:
- Exploiting deposition and micro/nano-structuring techniques for patterning and releasing structures with dimensions below 100 nm.
- Developing the understanding of the material properties and fabrication processes for stable free-standing grating structures at these dimensions.
- Characterizing the deposited films and fabricated structures using characterization techniques such as AFM, XRD, SEM and others.
- Exploring alternative materials, fabrication techniques and designs for higher optical performance and reliability.
- You have a PhD degree in materials science, physical chemistry or engineering, solid state or surface physics or a related field.
- You have experience in micro/nano fabrication of structures preferably with dimensions below a micron.
- Experience or affinity in techniques such as nano-imprint lithography, electron-beam-lithography or similar is an advantage.
- Experience or affinity in optical grating simulations using finite-element method (FEM), rigorous coupled waves approach (RCWA) or similar is an advantage.
- You are an excellent team player in an enthusiastic group of scientists and engineers working on a common theme.
- You are creative, like to push boundaries, and are highly motivated to address a major science challenge in micro/nano-fabrication and thin film physics.
- You are fluent in English and able to collaborate intensively with industrial and academic parties in regular meetings and work visits.
You will be appointed on a fulltime position at the University of Twente for 18 months with a possibility for extension. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in a stimulating scientific environment. The post-doc salary is between € 3.353 and € 4.012 gross per month depending on experience and qualifications. The offer further involves: a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%, a solid pension scheme, a minimum of 29-day holidays, and numerous professional and personal development programs.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Your reaction should include:
- a motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation for this particular project,
- a detailed CV, containing your publications list, contact details of referees, and an academic transcript of B.Sc., M.Sc. and if available Ph.D. education.
- An interview and a scientific presentation will be part of the selection procedure. For detailed information, you can contact Prof. Fred Bijkerk at firstname.lastname@example.org, +31 53 489 2863 or Dr. Muharrem Bayraktar at email@example.com, +31 53 489 3910. Applications can only be submitted online.