Postdoctoral Researcher position (1 Year) In Erc Poc Project for the development and testing of a bespoke 3d printing nozzle.
Engineering tissues with a hierarchical vascular network is challenging. Developments in the field of biofabrication, including 3D bioprinting, are promising …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3255 - € 4274 per maand
Engineering tissues with a hierarchical vascular network is challenging. Developments in the field of biofabrication, including 3D bioprinting, are promising to cope with this challenge. Embedded bioprinting, allowing the deposition of complex constructs without the need of a supporting substrate, provides a potential solution. However, embedding baths used so far consist of inert materials and therefore cannot become a functional component of the tissue. SE3DPASTE will use 3D printing technology to develop a precursor of a free-standing embedding bath that is storable and tissue specific. Additionally, SE3DPASTE will use micro-machining technology to develop a bespoke 3D printing nozzle that will allow for the printing of granular media.
SE3DPASTE will not only develop the technology to make this possible, but will also take vital steps to bring this technology to the market. By being involved in a Proof of Concept project, the successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to also get a taste of business development.
The present project will be conducted within the Vascularization Laboratory (http://www.vascularizationlab.com) and research facilities of TechMed Centre (https://www.utwente.nl/en/techmed/), and the Department of Biomechanical Engineering (https://www.utwente.nl/en/et/bw/). In addition there will be a close collaboration with the company IamFluidics (https://iamfluidics.com/).As a researcher of the Vascularization Lab:
- You will focus your research on creative micro-machining methods;
- Your main goal is to develop 3D printing nozzles compatible with granular media;
- You are expected to perform high quality research;
- You will efficiently collaborate with industrial partners;
- You will publish your research in international scientific journals;
- You will be involved in business development, potentially leading to a new spin-off company at the University of Twente.
- You have a PhD in mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, or physics;
- You can show expertise and a track record in one or more of the following areas: rheology (preferably of jamming / unjamming processes), 3D (bio)printing, MEMS / micro-machining, computational fluid dynamics ;
- You preferably have experience at the intersection of one or more of the above areas;
- You are a creative person that shows initiative with a hands-on mentality;
- You are fluent in English.
Are you up for the challenge to change 3D printing in biomedical research?
For additional information regarding this position, you can contact dr.ir. Jeroen Rouwkema: email@example.com
You can upload your application (max. 3 documents) including:
- A cover letter, emphasizing your specific interest, qualifications and motivations to apply for this position;
- A full Curriculum Vitae including your publications, grants, awards, and working experience. The CV should reflects the scope of your work and your academic performance;
- If you have relevant pre-publications, we invite you to list these as well.
You will be appointed for one year within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues.
- The gross monthly salary will range from € 3.255,- to € 4.274,- and will depend on experience and qualifications.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.