Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Postdoctoral researcher position “Nanomaterial Networks for Artificial Intelligence in the Automotive Industry”
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled post-doctoral researcher to carry out a project on brain-inspired electronics, an exciting research field …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled post-doctoral researcher to carry out a project on brain-inspired electronics, an exciting research field that attracts an ever-increasing amount of attention worldwide and forms a main research theme within the NanoElectronics group (NE, www.nano-electronics.nl). NE focuses in particular on the realization of neuromorphic hardware for carrying out archetypical machine learning tasks in a more efficient manner.
Are you up for the challenge to help us reach a new era for brain-inspired electronics?
As a post-doc researcher in this project:
- You are a great team player in a team working on nanoscale networks in silicon and other materials. You will have a senior role and can be involved in projects of several team members;
- Your ultimate goal is realizing neuromorphic hardware implementing artificial intellgence that can be used for autonomous driving;
- You will fabricate state-of-the-art devices, and characterize and model them.Â
- You will closely collaborate with other researchers and students in the Center for Brain-Inspired Nano Systems (BRAINS, utwente.nl/brains)
- You have a PhD in (applied) physics, electrical engineering or a related topic;
- You have experience with one or more of the following fields: machine learning, robot control, embedded systems;
- You have excellent experimental and theoretical skills;
- You are highly motivated, enthusiastic, have good team spirit and like to work in an internationally oriented environment;
- You are fluent in English.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
The start of the project is as soon as possible.
Applications should include an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation to apply for this position, a detailed CV (resume), a publication list, contact details of at least 2 referees, and an academic transcript of B.Sc. and M.Sc. education. An interview and a scientific presentation will be part of the selection procedure.
For more information about the position, please contact Prof.dr.ir. W.G. van der Wiel (W.G.vanderWiel@utwente.nl).
You will be appointed on a fulltime position for at least one year, with possible extension, within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Starting salary ranges from € 3.173 to € 4.166 gross per month depending on your background, relevant experience and qualifications, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of the Dutch Universities.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.