Ongeveer 14 uur geleden - College voor de toelating van gewasbeschermingsmiddelen en biociden (Ctgb) - Ede
Professor (fulltime) Geo-Health
You will have a leading role in initiating, coordinating and executing research and education in Geo-Health. You will be based at the Earth Observation …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5441 - € 7921 per maand
You will have a leading role in initiating, coordinating and executing research and education in Geo-Health. You will be based at the Earth Observation Science (EOS) department and work closely with the professors and staff members, graduate and postgraduate students of the department.
The challenge to you will be the development and application of novel scientific methods and approaches in Geo-Health. The new chair is expected to bring in the necessary bio-medical expertise and link this effectively to spatio-temporal techniques and the latest developments related in Big Data and data science.
The specific tasks are:
- Student supervision (MSc, PhD) and participation in advanced teaching.
- Pro-active organization of specific education and implementation activities
- Leading the science
- Initializing and leading capacity development projects in ITC’s target countries.
- Acquisition of external research and consulting funds.
- Working with existing staff on strengthening the link between different departments.
You will contribute to the ITC educational programme in various ways. In particular you will participate in the lecture courses in the MSc program.
- You hold a PhD in a field relevant to Geo-Health, such as spatial epidemiology, health geography, or health sciences with specific attention for Global south diseases.
- You have a clear vision of the role and development of the geo-health domain.
- You have a recognised international position demonstrated by a record of highly cited publications in international peer-reviewed academic journals and an outstanding reputation.
- You have a good knowledge of spatial disease modelling.
- Experience in earth observation and data assimilation is desirable.
- You have demonstrated skills as an enthusiastic and creative teacher and coach to guide and supervise young researchers and students.
- Affinity with the education, training and capacity development related mission of ITC and the EOS department is a pre-requisite.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information you can contact Prof. Dr. Ir. A. Stein (e-mail: email@example.com), EOS department or Prof. Dr. Ir. A. Veldkamp (firstname.lastname@example.org), dean of the Faculty.
Please submit your application through the form the before 1 January 2019 (choose “apply here” below).
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be initially employed for two years, with the possibility of extension to a permanent position.
- Gross monthly salary between € 5.441,- and € 7.921,- (fulltime) depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Professor level 2).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment.
- Costs for moving to Enschede may be reimbursed.