Professor of Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics
The Faculty of Engineering Technology at the University of Twente is currently seeking to appoint Full Professor in the area of Heat Transfer and …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 40 - 40 uur
The Faculty of Engineering Technology at the University of Twente is currently seeking to appoint Full Professor in the area of Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics. The position contributes to work in the Department of Thermal and Fluid Engineering, which focuses on research questions related to energy conversion and storage technologies for a sustainable society.
The current position has been created to strengthen the Department’s research efforts in the fundamental aspects of thermal engineering. The Professor of Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics will contribute to the necessary breakthroughs in energy conversion and storage applications. Fundamental aspects of multiscale and multiphase heat transfer in reacting flows in combination with advanced thermodynamics are the core of this research line. The research will include theoretical, numerical and experimental work.
Examples of research topics can be found in, but are not limited to, the fields of heat transport, heat transformation and heat storage in equipment with complex geometries, porous structures or advanced materials. Further examples are the research on interactions of heat transfer with (chemical, sorption) reactions and phase changing processes (solid/liquid/gas).
The Professor will also be involved in teaching at both Bachelors and Masters level, in the Mechanical Engineering and Sustainable Engineering Technology programmes.
Working in close cooperation with the other professors in the Faculty and Department, the candidate will play a leading and inspiring role in strengthening and broadening our fundamental research portfolio and teaching programs in sustainable technology engineering. As such, applicants will be selected based on their potential to initiate and lead novel scientific research, develop and contribute to modern educational programs and invest in international networks.
The successful appointee will be expected to:
- be an outstanding scientist within the field of heat transfer and thermodynamics, with a focus on fundamental aspects of multiscale and multiphase heat transfer in reacting flows in combination with advanced thermodynamics (theoretical, numerical, and experimental);
- have a clear and inspiring vision on the future development of the field;
- have a passion for teaching and for developing education that cultivates student-learning (You hold a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this);
- be an excellent and inspiring teacher and coach, with an ability to thrive in a collaborative environment and with managerial skills that can make a difference;
- be actively involved in the relevant academic networks and able to engage with both science and industry;
- be able to demonstrate a track record in successfully obtaining grant funding;
- • have strong communication skills in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite but should be a goal from the beginning.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
An executive search exercise is being undertaken by Perrett Laver to assist the recruitment committee. Applications should consist of a covering letter explaining motivation and qualifications for the position and a full curriculum vitae, including a list of publications. Dr Annabelle McLaren-Thomson may be contacted for informal enquiries and questions about the post on +31 (0) 20 240 4370 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be uploaded at www.perrettlaver.com/candidates, quoting reference number 4411. The deadline for applications for this position is 09:00 am (CET) on Friday 19th June 2020. Applications will be considered by the recruitment committee, and preliminarily shortlisted candidates will subsequently be invited for informal conversations with the University, after which a formal shortlist of candidates will be invited for interview and campus visits. Selection of and negotiations with the preferred candidate will take place thereafter.
ConditionsThe university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
We offer you:
- A full-time tenured position as Professor with a competitive salary and excellent benefits;
- An international work environment, with colleagues from many different countries from all over the world;
- Excellent research facilities;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8,3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- A minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A family-friendly institution, offering support for (the careers of) partners and family.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature