Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - Universiteit van Tilburg - Tilburg
TENURE TRACK POSITION (ASSISTANT PROFESSOR) WITHIN THE IMAGING AND DIAGNOSTICS DOMAIN – HIGH-RESOLUTION ULTRAFAST IMAGING
You will establish an independent research line in an emerging area of medical imaging that adds collaboratively to our current research portfolio. In …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5405 - € 5405 per maand
You will establish an independent research line in an emerging area of medical imaging that adds collaboratively to our current research portfolio. In particular you have expertise in the physical and technological aspects of ultrasound imaging, including contrast ultrasound, photo acoustics and optics and multi-modal combinations thereof. Basic knowledge of machine learning techniques, including deep learning would be an asset. We envision a full integration of this new research line within the Imaging and Diagnostics cluster and the imaging domain and infrastructure of the Technical Medicine (TechMed) Centre of the University of Twente.
- You will conduct international high-quality research and contribute to developing a research network and leading a strong and visible research line.
- You should have an excellent scientific track record, will teach Bachelor and Master level courses, lead BSc and MSc interns and contribute to the development of new courses.
- You are expected to be pro-active in attracting (internal, national and European) research grants to support the research lines.
- You will supervise PhD students in combination with the departmental professors.
- You have a PhD in physics, biomedical engineering, technical medicine or in any other topic related to the program core domains.
- You have an excellent publication record in the domain or application area of medical imaging.
- You are a good collaborator who is able to combine and extend the current knowledge and know-how on these departmental domains.
- You have an aptitude for teaching, including lecturing and tutoring at an academic level.
- You need an excellent command of English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage.
You will be appointed in the tenure track for a maximum of 6 years. After successful completion of this track you will continue in a permanent position. During this process your performance will be evaluated regularly. The goal of these evaluations is to keep track of your progress, and to help you focus on maximum development of your scientific and educational goals. Criteria for evaluation comprise a strong track record of publications, evaluation of student supervision and teaching capacities and a demonstrated ability to acquire research funding and to build an international network and reputation. Shortly after your start you and your supervisors will set up a plan aimed at the successful completion of your tenure track.
During your career, you will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally acknowledged and recognized academic. We offer a structured career and personal development program designed to offer individual academics as much support as possible.
You will receive
- Starting salary between €3.475,- to 5.405,- gross per month based on your experience;
- A start-up package for Tenure Trackers, incl. PhD candidate at the start of the track;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- A minimum of 29 days per annum paid leave in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal improvement programs, including mentoring;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly supported.
We stand for life science and technology. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our university. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nation origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
Information and application
For more information please contact Prof.dr. M. Versluis, firstname.lastname@example.org and check the website https://pof.tnw.utwente.nl. Applications, including a CV, a research plan, and contact information for 2 or more references, should be uploaded via www.utwente.nl/vacatures/en.
The deadline for application is August 1st, 2018. Review of applications will start in August 2018 and continue until the position has been filled.