Two Assistant/Associate Professor (tenure track) positions in Synthetic/Organic Materials/Biomaterials Chemistry
The Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Twente in The Netherlands invites applications for two Tenure Track (Assistant/Associate Professor) …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
The Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Twente in The Netherlands invites applications for two Tenure Track (Assistant/Associate Professor) positions in the field of Organic (Bio/Materials) Chemistry.
We welcome candidates with a research expertise ranging from organic chemistry and synthetic methodologies, to related fields encompassing supramolecular chemistry, organic materials, polymers, sustainable organic chemistry, and biological applications.
As an Assistant/Associate Professor in this position:
- You will spend your time on research and teaching; a reduced teaching load in the first two years is the norm.
- You will give lectures in English. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite but, naturally, a long-term goal.
- You have or will have to get a University Teaching Qualification.
You will be embedded in the cluster of Organic Materials Chemistry & Technology or Bioengineering Technologies, but we strongly encourage and support a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers, and other university staff.
For very experienced candidates, an appointment at the full professorship level can be considered
- You hold a PhD in a field that is closely related to this position.
- You have at least two years post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution outside the University of Twente.
- You have an outstanding track record and potential in your field of expertise evidenced by publications in high rank journals and by your international reputation.
- Your research has potential to attract research funding.
- Willingness to take the University Teaching Qualification and develop your teaching skills further.
- Experience in coaching (BSc, MSc and PhD students).
- Excellent communication skills.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please send your application via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- Your cover letter.
- A Curriculum Vitae, including a complete list of publications, lectures and presentations at conferences and a list of third party funding. Highlight and separately list five key publications (with embedded links) that you consider particularly relevant to this position, and describe your contributions to these publications.
- Your current research interests and research plans for the future
- list of courses taught and explain your teaching and supervision concept.
- Contact information of two references we can contact.
You are welcome to contact Prof. Jurriaan Huskens (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Marcel Karperien (email@example.com) for any questions you may have.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our University. We encourage applications from all sections of society.
Applications are welcome till the 17th of November 2019.
We offer an outstanding scientific environment, with state-of-the-art infrastructure, new synthetic laboratories and excellent campus facilities. Our chemistry department is active and successful in national funding initiatives, and internationalization and diversity both feature prominently in the strategic agenda of the University.
- You will be appointed fulltime for six years with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation. A parttime position can be discussed.
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include:
- Depending on the entry level a starting salary for assistant professor from € 3.637 (scale 11) to € 5.656 (scale 12) gross per month (for a fulltime position), based on relevant work experience.
- For associate professor a starting salary from € 5.039 (scale 13) to € 6.738 (Scale 14) gross per month (for a fulltime position), based on relevant work experience.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment;
- Professional and personal development programs.
- A solid pension scheme.