Two PhD positions on Atomic Layer Deposition
The Integrated Devices and Systems (IDS) group at the University of Twente has a vacancy for a Ph.D. student in the project "High Added-Value Atomic Layer …
- Drienerlolaan, Enschede, Overijssel
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2222 - € 2840 per maand
The Integrated Devices and Systems (IDS) group at the University of Twente has a vacancy for a Ph.D. student in the project "High Added-Value Atomic Layer Deposition Apparatus and Recipes". In this project you will investigate novel approaches for Atomic Layer Deposition that we develop for use in integrated circuit manufacturing. Your investigations involve the test and use of new equipment and the in-depth study of thin films produced with this new equipment.
The challenge is to create new, competitive thin films of semiconducting nature for application in future microchips.
The project is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and ASM BV based in Almere, NL. You will carry out the research at the University in Enschede, The Netherlands with mentorship from two supervisors (Dr. Alexey Kovalgin and Prof. Dr. Jurriaan Schmitz) as well as support from a senior engineer. Teaching activities will take 10%-20% of your time.
- You are highly motivated and an enthusiastic researcher (F/M).
- You have a MSc degree in electrical engineering, nanotechnology, inorganic chemistry, applied physics or a related topic, with excellent theoretical and experimental skills.
- You have proven affinity with materials science, preferably with semiconductors.
- You have good team spirit and like to work in an internationally oriented environment.
- You are fluent in English.
Send your application before January 5, 2019 and include an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation to apply for this position, a detailed CV (resume), a publication list, contact details of at least 2 referees, an academic transcript of B.Sc. and M.Sc. education and a TOEFL or IELTS score to verify sufficient mastering of the English language. An interview will be part of the selection procedure.
For more information about the position, please contact our secretary Mrs. Susan Janse-Godschalk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be appointed on a fulltime position for four years, with a qualifier in the first year, within a very stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues. Salary and conditions are in accordance with the collective labour agreement for Dutch universities (CAO- NU).
- Salary ranging from € 2222 gross at the start to € 2840 gross in the fourth year;
- Excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme;
- A training program in which you and your supervisor will make up a plan for additional suitable education and supervision;
- We encourage a high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff.