Assistant or Associate Professor in Engineering (0.6 - 1.0 FTE)
UCR is looking for an Assistant/Associate Porfessor in Engineering. Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 22 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 6738 per maand
University College Roosevelt (UCR) starts a pioneering phase for Engineering in September 2019. Therefore, UCR is recruiting faculty for the development and execution of the Engineering major within the Liberal Arts and Sciences context. We are building a team that will innovate our tried and tested approach to the Liberal Arts and Sciences by adding a focus on technology to it.
The Engineering major combines discipline-oriented courses with a hands-on projects approach. We are looking for colleagues who believe that teaching and learning is at the heart of the university, who have research experience in relevant fields, and affinity with project-based learning.
The new staff members will develop and teach courses related to mechanical, electrical, mechatronic, chemical-process engineering and/or computer and data science and will supervise student projects. First two positions will be in energy engineering and in mechatronics. At a later stage UCR will hire on the broader range of disciplines.
Research at UCR is strongly focused on strengthening and innovating teaching and learning. Engagement in more fundamental research is done in association with research institutes at Utrecht University and other universities. UCR teaching staff will always devote a minimum of 50% of their contract hours to teaching and learning.
The ideal candidate has:
- a PhD in Engineering (related to topics in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Computer and Data Science, or (Bio)material processing);
- teaching experience (preferably at University Bachelor level);
- excellent English language skills (written & spoken), a minimum of CEF-level C1;
- affinity with (and preferably teaching experience in) Project Based Learning at the relevant university level;
- affinity with the Liberal Arts and Sciences and its approach to teaching;
- a vision on how to develop an Engineering curriculum within a Liberal Arts and Sciences context.
UCR offers a contract on the level of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor based on the institution’s needs and the candidate’s profile and experience. Contract duration, trial period (if applicable), and possibility of secondment from other universities are subject to negotiation. The employment will be for 0.6 – 1.0 FTE (22.8 – 38 hours per week).
Salary will be based on VSNU salary scales in the range from scale 11 to 12 for Assistant Professor (UD), and in the range from scale 13 to 14 for Associate Professor (UHD). Commuting costs within the Netherlands will be partly reimbursed. Furthermore, UCR offers secondary benefits such as:
- end of Year Bonus (8.3%);
- holiday allowance (8%);
- pension arrangement at AB;
- multiple choices model;
- holiday leave hours of 232 per year based on full-time employment.
Additional information about this position can be obtained from dr. ir . H.C. de Lange, via email@example.com.