Ongeveer 18 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant or Associate Professors in Information and Computing Sciences (Tenure Track 0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
Are you a motivated and committed researcher who enjoys teaching and would like to contribute to the development of our department?
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 40 uur
- € 3353 - € 6940 per maand
Due to our successful educational programmes and our ambitions in research, the Department of Information and Computing Sciences is expanding. We are therefore actively searching for 10 or more motivated and committed Assistant or Associate Professors in Information and Computing Sciences. Please note that the levels of the positions offered will vary, depending on experience and expertise.
You have a background in Computing and Information Sciences, preferably in the areas of Machine Learning (Reinforcement Learning, large scale Deep Learning, etc.), Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Interaction Technology, Human Computer Interaction, Technologies for Software Production (e.g. Cloud Computing and Architecture), Data Science, AI & Law, Computer Science Education, Security or Web Semantics and Technology.
You possess a proven commitment and talent for research. As teaching is also an essential part of the work, we are searching for people with a demonstrable motivation to teach, and who have a flexible attitude. The Department provides a dynamic work environment. Our approach is characterized by a connected, open, and can-do spirit that stimulates personal initiative and curiosity. You are a team player who is encouraged to take ownership and create value while sharing your knowledge both internally and across the wider (global) community. Every day we aim to live up to this mission because we believe it is the only way to make the breakthroughs that will help solve the challenges facing the world.
If you are excited to actively participate and collaborate in shaping the department, we invite you to apply.
We are looking for new colleagues to complement our team at an academic as well as a personal level, and who fit well with the following qualifications:
- a PhD in Computer Science, Information Science or another relevant discipline;
- publications with impact, in international conferences and journals;
- experience with, or good prospects for acquiring external research funds;
- a vision on future research directions in your own area of expertise;
- experience with, or readiness to supervise PhD projects;
- experience with and enthusiasm for teaching and student supervision;
- the ability to teach in departmental Bachelor's and Master's programmes;
- experience with or willingness to use innovative teaching methods, and (e-learning) technologies;
- has a vision on teaching and your own contribution to teaching;
- the ability to speak and write English fluently.
- an appointment at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor, initially for a period of 5 years. The position will be subject to a mid-term evaluation after approximately 2.5 years and an end-term evaluation. Following a positive evaluation the position will become permanent after 5 years;
- a gross salary – depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,353 and €6,940 (scale 10-14 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (cao)) per month for full-time employment;
- salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year;
- a pension scheme, collective insurance schemes, and partially paid parental leave based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities;
- special perks include the assistance of a new PhD candidate funded by the Department in order to start up your research, the possibility to develop towards acquiring a Basic Teaching Qualification, supported with educational development programmes offered by the University, and the possibility to travel to conferences.
In addition to the employment conditions laid down in the CAO for Dutch Universities, Utrecht University has a number of its own arrangements. For example, there are agreements on professional development, leave arrangements and sports. We also give you the opportunity to expand your terms of employment via the Employment Conditions Selection Model. This is how we like to encourage you to continue to grow.
For international employees, the University offers help with finding housing, child care and schools, as well as a partner programme and a Dutch language course.
More information about working at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
Utrecht is an attractive city located in the Netherlands, one of the world’s most open and connected countries. Utrecht University reflects this philosophy by offering a flexible work/life balance that prioritizes your well-being within an understanding and supportive, family-friendly environment.
Do you have any questions that you would like an answer to first? No problem. Please contact Professor Marc van Kreveld (Research Director) via M.J.vanKreveld@uu.nl.
Do you have a question about the application procedure? Then please send an email to email@example.com.