Ongeveer 21 uur geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Assistant Professor European Law (1.0 FTE)
Would you like to be be involved in teaching European Union law and possibly Public International Law courses?
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
The European law section of the Department of International and European Law at the Utrecht University School of Law is looking for an Assistant Professor who will be involved in teaching European Union law and possibly Public International Law courses. The prospective lecturer will be involved in both Bachelor's and Master's programmes offered by the School of Law and the University College Utrecht. The relevant Master's programmes include European Law, European Criminal Justice and Law and Technology. The lecturer will also supervise Bachelor's and Master's theses and may be assigned coordination and tutoring tasks. Although the emphasis will be on academic teaching, the position includes 0.3 FTE research.
We are looking for a candidate with broad, sound knowledge of the foundations of European Union law, including its institutional and substantive dimensions. Expertise in one or more of the areas covered by the aforementioned Master's programmes would be an asset. In particular the following requirements apply:
- a PhD in European Union Law, preferably in one or more fields covered by the Master's programmes;
- experience and strong skills in academic teaching;
- experience in developing and coordinating courses is an asset;
- an excellent command of written and spoken English. A working knowledge of Dutch is an asset;
- a Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO) or the willingness to acquire one soon;
- you are a team player and have strong interpersonal skills for building contact with colleagues and students.
We offer a temporary position (1.0 FTE) for a period of one year, with a possible extension of two years in case of a good performance. Extending the employment is one of the possibilities. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,746 and €5,127 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.