During this project you will develop and exploit an experimental setup able to measure the spatial diffusion of photo-excited electron-hole pairs (excitons) …
Assistant Professor in Business Economics (0,8-1,0 FTE)
The Utrecht University School of Economics is looking for a Assistant Professor in Business Economics. Are you interested in this position? Then read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) has a vacancy for a tenure track position (Assistant Professor) in Business Economics. Candidates will be appointed for a period of six years, conditionally on a positive mid-term evaluation in the third year of employment. On the basis of a positive final evaluation at the end of the fifth year, candidates will be granted tenure and be promoted to associate professor after six years. The position offers ample opportunities to do research as it carries a reduced teaching load in the first three years. Teaching is done in English.
You as the successful candidate are expected to have a thorough knowledge of Business Economics, preferably Strategy and/or International Business. More in particular you should:
- hold a doctorate in economics or a related discipline;
- have a track record in research, demonstrated among others by publications in international peer-reviewed journals or books edited by internationally recognized publishers;
- be interested in and have (proven) experience with a multidisciplinary approach in research in the field of business economics;
- preferably be able to reach out to entrepreneurship, innovation and/or marketing topics;
- have knowledge of and experience with different types of social science research methods;
- have prior teaching experience in an international environment with the proven ability to inspire students from undergraduate to graduate levels (and preferably postgraduate levels), apparent from positive assessments by students and peers;
- have excellent communication and coordination skills;
- have excellent command of spoken and written English.
ArbeidsvoorwaardenWe offer a temporary position (1.0 FTE) in an international working environment for six years. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between € 3,475 to € 4,757(scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time position. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year.
We offer a pension scheme, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). You’ll find more information about working at Utrecht University here.
Additionele informatieWould you like further information about this position? This can be obtained – under strict confidentiality – from Erik Stam, Section Entrepreneurship via email@example.com or +31(0)30-2537894.
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, colleagues from various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Institutions for Open Societies, Sustainability, Life Sciences, and Dynamics of Youth.
Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is part of the Law, Economics, and Governance Faculty of Utrecht University. U.S.E. promotes high quality economics research and teaching with a real-world perspective, requiring a multidisciplinary economics approach. In its research and teaching, U.S.E. crosses disciplinary borders by collaborating actively with the faculties of Law, Geography and Social Sciences and by participating in the university’s broad research themes, particularly Institutions and Sustainability.
You will become a member of the Entrepreneurship Section. This section provides economics and entrepreneurship education and conducts world class research in entrepreneurship and innovation. The research domain of the section concerns the analysis of the context of new value creation by (groups of) individuals, based on insights from economics and related disciplines, including geography, psychology, sociology, public administration and history.U.S.E. maintains an excellent international network of academic relationships and is continuously working on extending this network. It teaches its curricula fully in English