Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant Professor in Performance Studies (1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Humanities is looking for an Assistant Professor in Performance Studies. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
The Department of Media and Culture Studies invites applications for an Assistant Professorship in Performance Studies, starting January 1, 2022 (earlier is negotiable).
The successful applicant will teach in the Dutch and English-language BA programme Media en Cultuur/Media and Culture, as well as in the MA Contemporary Theatre, Dance and Dramaturgy, MA Arts and Society and/or RMA Media, Art and Performance of the Department of Media and Culture Studies. The appointment includes 30 percent research time. We expect the candidate to actively contribute to the research agenda of Media and Culture Studies and participate in research collaboration within the department and beyond.
For this position we are looking for candidates who contribute to research into the role of theatre and performance in contemporary technoculture. We are interested in research that addresses new and interdisciplinary forms of theatre, dance and dramaturgy and how these respond to current societal phenomena, such as debates around gender diversity and ecological challenges, and/or contributes to interdisciplinary research on cognition and perception.
As a candidate you are committed to furthering new and innovative developments in academic research and teaching, and to participating in interdisciplinary collaborations and partnerships within and beyond the university. You meet the following requirements:
- You hold a PhD in the humanities with a research focus on performance studies, theatre studies, dance studies, or adjacent fields.
- You have relevant teaching experience on BA and MA level (i.e. on topics such as dramaturgy, curation, storytelling, scenography, choreography, embodied knowledge).
- You have experience in supervising individual thesis projects on BA and MA level.
- You are an active and ambitious Researcher with output that reflects this.
- You have demonstrable ability and ambition to obtain external research grants.
- You have demonstrable ability and ambition in outreach, interprofessional collaboration, and challenge-driven education or research.
- You are a strong team worker and capable of multidisciplinary collaboration.
- You have experience in university administration, in particular with regard to a teaching or research programme (desirable).
- You have excellent organisational experience and skills.
- You have acquired the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification, or are willing to acquire this within the first two years.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, preferably approaching near-native standard; if you do not have a native command of Dutch you are expected to obtain B2-level (CEFR) spoken and written Dutch within two years of the appointment.
We offer a position (1.0 FTE) for a period of two years with the intention of converting it into a permanent contract after a positive assessment. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,746 and €5,826 (scale 11-12 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.