Het departement is voor de periode 1 november 2017 - 31 oktober 2021 op zoek naar een Promovendus. Cognitieve en Linguïstische Aspecten van Sociale-mediagebru…
Assistant Professor Methodology and Statistics (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for a Lecturer Experimental Psychology. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 5705 per maand
You will be employed at the Department of Methodology and Statistics of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Utrecht University. The Department of Methodology & Statistics provides teaching in methods and statistics within all bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences and University College Utrecht. The Department offers the only two-year master’s degree programme exclusively centred on methodology and statistics in the social, biomedical, and behavioural sciences in the Netherlands (in cooperation with Twente University and the Biostatistics group of Utrecht University Medical Centre). Starting this year the Department, in cooperation with Statistics Netherlands, offers a track within this master labelled European Master of Official Statistics, granted by Eurostat. The Department also advises staff and students with respect to their research activities.
The research of the Department of Methodology and Statistics focuses on methods and techniques for the social and behavioural sciences and comprises topics like: research synthesis techniques, longitudinal studies, Mplus and multilevel analyses, survey research, collection and analysis of intensive big data, and recently data science.
The Department of Methodology and Statistics has a job opening for a full-time Assistant Professor, preferably focused on Applied Data Science, requiring you to contribute to our research programme as stated in our ‘Mission Statement M&S'.
The positions involves 60% teaching activities and 40% research time. The core tasks will include:
- independently providing and contributing to the bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes within the curriculum of Methodology and Statistics;
- carrying out and supervising research within the scope of the research programme;
- contributing to the acquiring of substantial external research funding for the benefit of the research programme.
- the candidate holds a PhD degree in the field of Methodology and Statistics;
- the candidate has experience in conducting scientific research, preferably in the field of Applied data Science;
- the candidate boasts scientific creativity and productivity, as evidenced by being published in recent (international) peer-reviewed publications;
- the candidate is able to contribute to the acquiring of external research funding for the benefit of the research programme.
- the candidate has experience in co-developing and co-coordinating of academic courses;
- the candidate is able to provide inspiring lectures, has an eye for the modernisation of teaching methods, and can apply own research expertise to their teaching, as evidenced by positive teaching assessments;
- the candidate holds a Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO) or is willing to acquire this qualification in the near future.
- the candidate is effective and efficient, able to work within a team, and to think conceptually;
- the candidate has a good knowledge of Dutch.
- the candidate has postgraduate experience outside of Utrecht University.
ArbeidsvoorwaardenWe offer a temporary full-time position for two years. Your salary will range from a minimum of €3,475 to a maximum of €5,405 (scale 11/12 Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment.
Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.
Additional information about this position can be obtained from K. van Kats: K.vanKats@uu.nl
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is one of the leading faculties in Europe providing research and academic teaching in interdisciplinary social science, cultural anthropology, educational sciences, pedagogical sciences, psychology, and sociology. Research and teaching activities are concentrated in five areas: Behaviour in Social Contexts; Child and Adolescent Studies; Cognitive and Clinical Psychology; Education and Learning; and Methodology and Statistics.
More than 5,600 students are enrolled in a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programmes. The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences has some 850 Faculty and staff members, all providing their individual contribution to the training and education of young talent and to the research into and finding solutions for scientific and societal issues.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature