Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor Methodology and Statistics (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for an Assistant Professor Methodology and Statistics. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Heidelberglaan, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
We are looking for an Assistant Professor Methodology and Statistics. You will be employed at the Department of Methodology and Statistics of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Utrecht University. The Department of Methodology & Statistics provides teaching in methods and statistics within all Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences and University College Utrecht. The Department offers the only two-year Master’s degree programme exclusively centered on methodology and statistics in the Social, Biomedical, and Behavioural Sciences in the Netherlands (in cooperation with Twente University and the Biostatistics Group of Utrecht University Medical Centre). In collaboration with Statistics Netherlands the Department offers a track within this Master labelled European Master of Official Statistics, granted by Eurostat. The Department also advises staff and students with respect to their research activities.
The research of the Department of Methodology and Statistics focuses on methods and techniques for the Social and Behavioural Sciences and comprises topics like: research synthesis techniques, longitudinal studies, Mplus and multilevel analyses, survey research, collection and analysis of intensive big data, qualitative research and recently data science.
The Department of Methodology and Statistics has a job opening for a full-time Assistant Professor requiring you to contribute to our research programme as stated in our ‘Mission Statement M&S'.
The position involves 70% teaching activities and 30% research time. The core tasks will include:
- independently providing and contributing to the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes within the curriculum of Methodology and Statistics;
- carrying out and supervising research within the scope of the quantitative research programme.
We are looking for a candidate with the following profile:
- the candidate holds a PhD degree in the field of Methodology and Statistics;
- the candidate has experience in conducting scientific research in the field of quantitative research methods;
- the candidate has scientific creativity and productivity, as evidenced by having recent (international) peer-reviewed publications;
- the candidate has experience in co-developing and co-coordinating of academic courses;
- the candidate is able to provide inspiring lectures, has an eye for the modernisation of teaching methods and can apply own research expertise to their teaching, as evidenced by positive teaching assessments;
- the candidate holds a Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO) or is willing to acquire this qualification in the near future;
- the candidate is effective and efficient, able to work within a team, and to think conceptually;
- the candidate has a good knowledge of Dutch;
- the candidate has postgraduate experience outside of Utrecht University.
We offer a temporary position (1.0 FTE) for four years. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,475 and €5,405 (scale 11/12 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.
Additional information about this position can be obtained from K. van Kats via K.vanKats@uu.nl.