3 dagen geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Assistant Professor of Finance (1.0 FTE)
The Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) invites applications for an Assistant Professor at the Finance Section of the Department.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3807 - € 5922 per maand
The Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Finance. You will join the Finance Section of the Department and will be expected to actively contribute to the research environment of U.S.E., teach Finance courses at undergraduate and/or graduate level, and to supervise theses. All teaching is in English. In the period of employment 40% of the position is reserved for research and 60% is dedicated to teaching activities. The preferred starting date is early 2022.
- have or are close to completing a PhD in Finance (preferred) or a related discipline;
- demonstrate a clear potential for excellence in research, including the potential to realize high-impact publications;
- demonstrate a clear potential for excellence in teaching different Finance topics at both undergraduate and graduate level. Prior teaching experience is a plus;
- have an excellent command of spoken and written English;
- have excellent quantitative research and data science skills. Knowledge of Python is a plus.
We offer a position (1.0 FTE) for a period of eighteen months with a final evaluation, after which the candidate may be appointed as an Assistant Professor with tenure. In case of a good performance, an indefinite employment is one of the possibilities. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,807 and €5,922 (scale 11/12 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.