2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Assistant professor of Sociocultural Anthropology (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for an assistant professor of Sociocultural Anthropology (1.0 FTE). Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Heidelberglaan, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
The position is embedded within the section Cultural Anthropology of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences. It contains a combination of teaching (60%) and research (40%). We seek applicants with a profile in teaching and research on the anthropology of human mobility, globalization, and citizenship, preferably with an interest in new directions in ethnography and ethnographic research methods, such as sensory or audio-visual ethnography. You will contribute to the departmental research programme Sovereignty and Social Contestation and teach in the graduate and undergraduate degree programmes. The geographic area of expertise is open. Initiation of new research projects will be encouraged.
- the candidate will teach graduate and undergraduate courses in several of the following areas: the anthropology of globalization, the anthropology of human mobility, political and urban anthropology, and ethnographic research methods. Candidates are also required to supervise B.A. and M.A. theses. Courses are taught in English and Dutch;
- the candidate will contribute to and supervise research within the scope of the research programme;
- the candidate will make an effort to acquire substantial external research funds within the scope of the research programme.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- has finished a PhD on a relevant topic within the disciplinary field of Social and Cultural Anthropology (or a related field);
- has experience with conducting qualitative and ethnographic research within the context of the research programme ‘Sovereignty and Social Contestation’;
- preferably has experience with acquiring external (personal) research funds;
- has a promising publication record as shown by international, peer-reviewed publications;
- has a strong commitment to teaching and thesis supervision in graduate and undergraduate courses and provides education in an inspiring way;
- has the capability to translate research/anthropological experience into innovations in teaching and research;
- has experience to coordinate academic courses and teach (in a team and alone) with positive evaluations;
- is able to meet the requirements set for a Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO);
- is willing to learn Dutch (when not native speaker in Dutch); we expect a relevant level of competence within two years of taking up the appointment.
We offer a full-time position for one year; after a positive evaluation, the appointment will be made permanent. You will be required to start the position by 1 September 2019 with the possibility to start earlier. The gross salary, depending on previous qualifications and experience, ranges between €3,637 and €5,656 per month for a full time appointment (salary scale 11/12, Dutch Universities Conditions of Employment). In addition, we offer attractive and flexible secondary terms of employment, such as an annual holiday pay of 8%, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% per year and partially paid parental leave. We also provide an attractive working environment and a vibrant research climate.
Additional information about this position can be obtained from Prof. Rebecca Bryant by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.