Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant professor Technology Enhanced Science Education (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
Would you like to engage your talents in developing and researching innovative forms of technology enhanced science education?
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
As our new assistant professor, you will research the use of technology in supporting learning in science (physics, chemistry biology, and the Dutch subject Nature Life and Technology). For this, you will use the facilities offered by our Teaching and Learning Lab (TLL). The focus of your research will be to support the learning of and about scientific practices, such as systems thinking, reasoning with and about models, and empirical research by students. Possible applications are computer simulations, augmented and virtual reality, and interactive, technology supported teaching activities, such as shared virtual spaces en online discussion platforms.
In addition, you will study educational settings and processes, ranging from the learning processes of individual learners to the dynamics of face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning environments. The goal is to gain a detailed understanding of the interaction between teacher, student, and technology, with optimizing these processes as the main aim. The full list of responsibilities for the assistant professor will be:
- performing educational research within the context of the TLL, as described above;
- acquiring funds for research, by writing research grant proposals;
- supervision of PhD students;
- teaching in the Master's programme Science Education and Communication, including supervision of Master student projects;
- contributing to projects on outreach and valorisation, such as the ones within our U-Talent programme for talent development.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and involved colleague with a heart for education. We would like to see the following qualifications:
- a background in one of the natural sciences, for instance, demonstrated in a bachelor degree;
- a demonstrable interest in research in science education, for instance in an educational Master or PhD;
- a PhD degree, for instance in educational science or science education;
- experience in research in technology enhanced education;
- a teaching degree in one of the natural sciences can be a positive asset.
We would like for you to have a basic proficiency of, or have the willingness to learn the (basics of the) Dutch language.
- an appointment at the level of Assistant Professor, initially based on a temporary employment contract (0.8-1.0 FTE) for a period of 1 year (incl. 2 months probationary period), with the prospect of a permanent employment contract upon proven suitability;
- a gross salary – depending on education and experience - that ranges between €3,746 and €5,127 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (cao)) per month for full-time employment;
- salaries are supplemented with a holiday allowance of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year;
- a pension scheme, collective insurance schemes, and partially paid parental leave based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities;
For international employees, the University offers help with finding housing, child care and schools, as well as a partner programme and a Dutch language course.
More information about working at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
Additional informationInterviews will take place in September.
If you have any questions about this position, please don't hesitate to contact Professor Wouter van Joolingen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 06-34853282.
Do you have a question about the application procedure? Send an email to email@example.com stating: the job title.