Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Associate Professor, Department of International and European Law (1.0 FTE)
The Department of International and European Law at the Utrecht University School of Law is hiring an Associate Professor.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 5190 - € 6317 per maand
The Department of International and European Law (Internationaal en Europees Recht - IER) at the Utrecht University School of Law is hiring an Associate Professor (‘universitair hoofddocent’). We are looking for a teaching and research leader, who works well within a team and is able to connect the different groups of the department (European law, public international law, human rights law, public economic law and labor/social law). The position includes teaching (including teaching coordination, max. 0.6 FTE), research (max. 0.4 FTE), as well as some managerial responsibilities. We are strongly committed to equality and diversity. Therefore, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
- You are expected to strengthen the quality of IER teaching (content, didactics, methods, skills development, teaching qualifications of staff).
- You will teach the Bachelor's courses and/or Master's programmes offered by IER. The Master’s programmes offered by IER, or in which IER participates, are: European Law, Public International Law, Law and Economics, Law and Technology, Law and Sustainability, European Criminal Justice, and Onderneming en Recht.
- You perform high quality research, you are co-supervisor of PhD candidates and you are active in acquiring research funding. This research will be conducted within one of the research programmes of the Law School.
Apart from the activities pertaining to any associate professorship, you will be asked to perform leadership/managerial tasks for IER. The exact tasks are yet to be decided upon in consultation with the newly appointed Associate Professor.
- You hold a doctorate (PhD) in the broad field of international and European law, as well as a Basic Teaching Qualification.
- You commit to obtaining the Senior Teaching and Research Qualifications, one of them within two years, the other within four years.
- You have a command of English at level C1-C2 CEFR. You have a command of Dutch at level B2 CEFR (please provide proof of certification with your application).
- You are a team player with great enthusiasm for research and teaching in the area of international and European law.
- You have a demonstrated ability to perform management and leadership tasks, and to inspire others. You are capable of sharing your vision, coaching talent, and delegating tasks where appropriate.
- Your research is of a high standard and relates to one of the research programmes of the Law School (RENFORCE, UCWOSL, Ucall, Montaigne, UCERF), and one of the strategic themes of the university (in particular Institutions for Open Societies and Pathways to Sustainability).
- You understand very well how universities are run.
- You have strong intercultural competences (or the ability to develop them) and experience working in, and valuing, diverse and international environments.
We offer a position (1.0 FTE) for a period of seven years. Following a positive evaluation your employment will become permanent. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €5,190 and €6,317 (scale 13 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.
Additional information regarding the position can be obtained from: Prof. C.M.J. Ryngaert (Chair Department IER) via C.M.J. Ryngaert@uu.nl. For procedural information regarding the position please turn to: Ms. M. Walraven (Managing Coordinator Department IER) via M.Walraven@uu.nl.