Radboud University (Nijmegen, Netherlands) is looking for an experienced mathematician with an established research and teaching record in applied analysis (in…
Associate Professor of Educational Sciences (0.8-1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for an Associate Professor of Educational Sciences. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Landelijk / geen vaste standplaats
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 40 uur
- € 4815 - € 5861 per maand
The section Education that is part of the Department of Behavioural Sciences of the faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences of Utrecht University is looking for an associate professor of Educational Sciences.
You will have a leading position in the research programme Education and Learning, which focuses on processes in education. This applies to the moment-to-moment interaction processes in the learning environment (with the learning materials, other learners, and teachers), the development of learners on a larger time-scale and the conditions for such learning. In the programme, education and learning is studied in a framework that integrates neurocognitive, affective, physical, social and cultural factors. Education and Learning is studied in both informal and formal education settings, and during key phases of the life course. The associate professor’s research is expected to fit within this programme.
The research programme Education and Learning is carried out collaboratively by the section Education and the section Special Education: Cognitive & Motor Disabilities. It constitutes one of the five research priority clusters of the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences of Utrecht University. It is the core of Utrecht University’s research focus area Education for Learning Societies. Moreover, this programme takes part in one of Utrecht University’s four strategic themes: Dynamics of Youth.
The associate professor will teach in one or more of the undergraduate and graduate programmes in which the section Education participates:
- the undergraduate programme Educational Sciences (Onderwijswetenschappen), which includes the Academic Teacher Education Program for Primary Education (Academische Lerarenopleiding Primair Onderwijs, ALPO);
- the university’s teacher education programs for secondary education (undergraduate minor and one year master program), organised in the university’s Graduate School of Teaching, a cooperation of five faculties involved in the preparation of teachers;
- the academic master programme Educational Sciences (Onderwijswetenschappen);
- the two-year research master programme Educational Sciences: Learning in Interaction.
The associate professor is expected to participate in supervising PhD students in Educational Sciences and to contribute to PhD Education in the context of the Faculty and national Research School ICO.
The associate professor is expected to provide (academic) leadership in research and teaching programmes.
You should have the following qualifications.
- Extensive experience with and enthusiasm for teaching and student supervision;
- Excellent teaching skills;
- Experience and leadership in curriculum development;
- Proven success in supervising PhD students;
- Knowledge of the fields where graduates of the educational programmes work.
- Knowledge of the broad domain of the Educational Sciences and Educational Psychology;
- PhD in Education or a relevant associated discipline;
- Outstanding research achievements demonstrated by an excellent publication record, including first author papers in high impact journals;
- High visibility, scientific impact and strong international reputation;
- A prominent network of international cooperative relationships and participation in international consortia for scientific research;
- Proven ability to obtain external funding (‘second stream’ and EU funds).
- Excellent interpersonal, social and communicative skills: a team player;
- Some experience with teaching or research programme management at department/faculty level;
- Interest in societal problems and ability and ambition to engage in a societal debate based on scientific expertise;
- Because of the above points, we seek a candidate with excellent skills both in English and Dutch or the willingness to learn Dutch.
We offer a permanent position upon a positive evaluation after one year (0.8 – 1.0 FTE). The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €4,815 and €5,861 (scale 13 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time position. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). You’ll find more information about working at Utrecht University here.
International Service Desk of Utrecht University
The International Service Desk (ISD) processes the visa and permit applications (and extensions) of all international employees and guests of Utrecht University.The ISD also assists new colleagues from abroad and their partners and families with matters such as finding a home to rent or buy, finding a suitable school and/or day-care centre for children and other subjects related to moving to and finding your way in the Netherlands. Applicants from abroad moving to the Netherlands may be eligible for a special expense allowance scheme: the 30% facility. The Tax and Customs Administration decides whether employees meet the necessary conditions. Please visit ISD for more information.
Would you like additional information about this position? Then please contact the chair of the search committee, Prof Tamara van Gog via email@example.com or +31(0)30 253 3689.
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.
The city of Utrecht is one of the oldest cities in the Netherlands, with a charming old center and an internationally oriented culture that is strongly influenced by its century-old university. Utrecht city has been consistently ranked as one of the most liveable cities in the Netherlands.
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is one of the leading faculties in Europe providing research and academic teaching in interdisciplinary social science, cultural anthropology, educational sciences, pedagogical sciences, psychology, and sociology. Research and teaching activities are concentrated in five areas: Behaviour in Social Contexts, Child and Adolescent Studies, Cognitive and Clinical Psychology, Education and Learning and Methodology and Statistics.
More than 5,600 students are enrolled in a broad range of undergraduate and graduate programmes. The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences has some 850 Faculty and staff members, all providing their individual contribution to the training and education of young talent and to the research into and finding solutions for scientific and societal issues