Radboud University (Nijmegen, Netherlands) is looking for an experienced mathematician with an established research and teaching record in applied analysis (in…
Full Professor Mathematical Modelling (0.8-1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Facuulty of Science is looking for a Full Professor Mathematical Modelling. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 5334 - € 9375 per maand
Are you a scientist whose main focus is in applied mathematics, in particular (but not restricted to) stochastics, statistics, stochastic modelling and SDE, data science, machine learning, networks or complex systems? Then you might be interested in the position of Full Professor Mathematical Modelling of Utrecht University. Relevant areas of interdisciplinary research in Utrecht include:
- atmosphere/ocean sciences
- computational life sciences
- mathematical biology
As a professor you are expected to teach mathematics in Bachelor's and Master's programmes and to take up a fair share of administrative duties.
You will play a committed role in all aspects of academic life. Ideally, your eligibility is exemplified by:
- A PhD in a relevant scientific discipline;
- Significant research achievements and promise for the future;
- Track record of international publications in leading journals;
- High potential for the acquisition of external research funds;
- Experience in supervising postdocs and/or PhD students;
- A committed role in (inter-)national activities in scientific and/or societal communities;
- Experience in and commitment towards teaching and student supervision;
- Ability to teach in Bachelor's and Master's programmes in Mathematics;
- Experience in developing curricula and teaching material, based on an in-depth understanding of current developments in the field;
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of researchers and/or lecturers;
- Ideas about organising events, such as research conferences, workshops and seminars;
- Willingness to acquire a working knowledge of the Dutch language within the first two years of the appointment.
The successful senior candidate is offered a permanent full-time position at the level of full professor. More junior applicants with high potential will be considered for an appointment at the level of associate professor (universitair hoofddocent), including a possible 6-year career track leading, after positive evaluation, to a nomination for full professor. The gross salary – depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between € 5,334 and € 9,375 (scale H2/H1 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment.
Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. We offer a pension scheme, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model).
Facilities for sports and child care are available on our campus, which is only 15 minutes away from the historical city centre of Utrecht. Utrecht is one of the oldest cities in the Netherlands, with a charming old centre and an internationally oriented culture that is strongly influenced by its centuries-old university. Utrecht city has been consistently ranked as one of the most attractive cities to live in the Netherlands.
For international employees the University offers help with finding housing, child care and schools, as well as a partner programme and a Dutch language course.
More information: working at Utrecht University.
Additionele informatieAdditional information about the vacancy can be obtained from: Prof S.M. (Sjoerd) Verduyn Lunel, chair of the search committee: Email S.M.VerduynLunel@uu.nl.
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes: Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.The Faculty of Science comprises six departments: Biology, Chemistry, Information and Computing Sciences, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Physics and Astronomy. The Faculty is home to 5,600 students and nearly 1,500 staff and is internationally renowned for the high quality of its research. The Faculty's academic programmes reflect developments in today's society. Read the 2016 overall impression of the Faculty of Science.
The Mathematical Institute of the Department of Mathematics organises and teaches the Bachelor's curricula in Mathematics as well as the (English-taught) Master's programme in Mathematics and some service teaching in mathematics. The Institute currently comprises about 10 full professors, 25 further faculty members, 30 PhD students, 10 post-docs, and teaches 500 students. The Institute is internationally recognised for its research in both pure and applied mathematics. It houses the Utrecht Geometry Centre and maintains a long-standing tradition of transdisciplinary collaboration with other scientific fields including, but not limited to, theoretical physics, theoretical biology, earth and life sciences.